- Name :emily
- Meaning :the rival, the rival,emily as a girl's name is pronounced em-i-ee. it is of latin origin, and the importance of emily is "rival; laborious; eager". female emil, from its latin name aemilia, the feminine form of the ancient city, the roman surname aemilius (probably from aemulus). literary: the way of emelye was used in the 14th century of chaucer ' s "the knight ' s tale", which was a translation of emilia, the form in chaucer 's source, boccaccio' s teseida. there is overlap in the use between the variations of emily, amelia, emma and emmeline. 19th-century writer and poet emily bronte; poet emily dickinson; ettiquette maven emily post; actress emily watson.,rival,to strive or excel or rival
- Gender :Girl
Similar Names For emily
- Emmya diminutive of emily,emma/emily,emmy as a girl's name. pet form of emma and emily. also the shape of amelia.,of work; the universal
- Emmelineemmeline as a girl's name is pronounced em-a-leen. is alt-french and old german origin, and the importance of emmeline is entire, universal". variant of emma, and is also influenced by emily, when he rises, in the 19th century. suffragetten emmeline pankhurst. also the shape of amelia.,work
- Emmithe name emmi is a girl names of german origin. with the enormous popularity of emily and emma, we're sure to see more of emmi, emmie, emme, and emmy, if short forms or stand on its own.
- Emelineemeline as a girl's name is of german origin and the importance of emeline is "casa pacifica". the house lind. it can also mean "diligent" or a variation of emily or amelia. norman name revived in the 18th century. century. also the form of emma.,work
- Emenythe name of emeny is a girl name of english origin. emily replacement, although it sounds like a child's mispronunciation of the "enemy".
Select the collection list Create +
Create New CollectionCollection Name