- Name :elaine
- Meaning :luminous, radiant light,elaine how to a girl's name is pronounced ee-layne. it is of greek origin, and the importance of elaine is "sun ray". form french of helena. in the king arthur myths, elaine is a character who fell in love with lancelot. the name first appeared in the 15th century "morte d'arthur" by thomas malory, while tennyson ' s poetry "affairs of the king", promoted 19th-century revival of the name. because many of the names in the legend of king arthur are of celtic origin, elaine may actually be derived from the welsh word elain meaning "young deer". the comedian elayne boosler; director, elaine may. also the shape of eleanor.,light,ray, ray of sunshine; perhaps â€œfawnâ€x9d,the torch of the light
- Gender :Girl
Similar Names For elaine
- Ellievery bright,ellie as a girl's name. pet form of many of the names of girl as elaine, eleanor, elizabeth, ella, elbows and smooth. also the shape of the alice. also the form of helen.,shortened form of a name starting with the,the sympathy, the compassion
- Lainedweller in a lane,laine as a girl's name is used less often than kids his name laine) is very the online. it is of english origin, and the importance of laine is "the way, to the side of the road". variant of the surname lane, or a shortened form of a name like marlaine and melanie. also the shape of elaine.
- Roselaineroselaine as a little girl, name in english and latin, the origin and meaning of roselaine is "pink". flower of name. possibly, rosalind, or rowena.
- Laineystreet,lainey as a girl's name. diminutive of elaine (alt-french) "bright, shining light". also the shape of the track.,ray of light; sunbeam
- Elnoraelnora how to a girl's name is pronounced the=or-ah. it is of greek origin, and the importance of elnora is "compassion". of the eleos. also variant of helen, eleanor, elbows and elaine.
Select the collection list Create +
Create New CollectionCollection Name