- Name :Columba
- Meaning :Dove, a bird resembling pigeon and a symbol for peace, Dove, a bird resembling pigeon and a symbol for peace
- Gender :Unisex
- Religion :Christianity
Similar Names For Columba
- Calumcalum as a girl's name is pronounced kal-to. is of scottish, gaelic and latin origin, and the importance of calum is "dove". variant of columba. this was popular among early christians because the dove was a symbol of meekness, of purity, of peace and of the holy spirit. saint columba was influential in the sixth century, a missionary of ireland, founded a monastery on the scottish island of iona. his contemporary saint columba, also irish, was a missionary in france, switzerland and italy. calum and its variant callum as variants of malcolm in scotland.,dove
- Malcolmfollowers of st. colomba,the students of st. columba,the follower of st. columba,the successor of the st. columba,malcolm as a young man by the name is pronounced by the semen. it is scottish gaelic and the origin and meaning of malcolm is "follower of saint columba". the name of the prince of scotland, the king was to macbeth murdered his father. shakespeare's play is based on the true story. the name makes a call to black families, in virtue of malcolm x. publisher malcolm forbes.
- Caileana dove,cailean that the guys name is pronounced ka-len. it is scottish gaelic and the origin, and the meaning of cailean is "puppy, puppy". source of the form of colin. also a scottish form of columba, saint columba (see calum) as crisdean to christ and moirean to mary. also the form of the callan.,puppy, puppy,puppy
- Malinafollower of saint columba,malina, as a girl's name is of hawaiian origin, and the importance of malina is "peace". also nickname of madelina. also the shape of madeline. also the form of melina. also the shape of melinda.,the raspberry,the woman of magdala
- Ionaborn on an island,the island of iona, scotland,iona how to a girl's name is of greek origin. name: an island in the hebrides where saint columba (sixth century) founded a monastery of the celtic church. the director of the orchestra iona brown.
- Eunaneunan as a name of children, irish and scottish, and the importance of eunan is "horror". diminutive of adomnae, which means "great fear". as anglisierte form of the gaelic name ádhamhnán, diminutive of ádhamh, the gaelic form of adam. the name of the seventh-century saint who was abbot of iona and biographer of saint columba.
- Malcolminamalcolmina as a girl's name. female of malcolm (scottish gaelic), "the followers of saint columba".
- Gillecalumgillecalum as a name of children of scottish-gaelic, and the origin and meaning of gillecalum is "servant of st columba".
Select the collection list Create +
Create New CollectionCollection Name