- Name :melville
- Meaning :bad management,melville as a name of children of old french origin, and the importance of melville is "fehlbesiedelung". surname adopted by the escape to scotland, from a bad placement of settlement in the north of france. as a personal name, due to the fame of the writer herman melville (19th century), author of moby dick.,settlement in the sterile country
- Gender :Boy
Similar Names For melville
- Melvinbad management,bad, city,council, protection, and gentle,lord,melvin how a young man by the name is pronounced mel-vin. it may be that the male form of malvina (gaelic) "smooth brow"; (irish, gaelic) "polished " boss"; (old english) "sword-friend", or a variant of melville.
- Ahabahab as a boy's name is of hebrew origin, and the importance of ahab, that is to say, "father, brother". nice way of a uncle. literary: the mad-as a sea captain in the novel of herman melville's "moby dick".,father, brother,uncle
- Ishmaelgod has heard the words of god hey,god will listen,ishmael as a boy's name is pronounced ebs-mah-el. it is of hebrew origin, and the meaning of ishmael, "god hears". biblical: the son of abraham, that sarah ' s egyptian slave hagar. among his descendants were bedouin tribes and muhammad (seventh century), the founder of islam. literary: because ishmael, who was expelled, wandering in the desert, the name is often used to represent symbolically, as in the novel of herman melville's "moby dick".
- MelvilleClearance on unfruitful land, Defrayal on barren land., Clearance on unfruitful land, Defrayal on barren land.
Select the collection list Create +
Create New CollectionCollection Name