- Name :duke
- Meaning :one of the leaders of the men,of the duke as a girl's name is pronounced dook. it is of latin origin, and the importance of the duke is "leader". title used as nickname or name. duke is also a short form of marmaduke. duke has western associations because it was the nickname of actor john wayne, known for her roles in the films of the american west. the musicians of jazz of duke ellington.,the leader,the title of nobility
- Gender :Boy
Similar Names For duke
- Baronbaron as a boy's name is pronounced a bare. it is the old german and old english origin, and the meaning of baron is "young warrior". a title of nobility, along the lines of earl and duke, as a first name. in england, the baron was the lowest rank of the hereditary peerage, which allows its holder and, in the house of lords. it is rare to find, as the nobility of the names of the countries in which there is an official of the aristocracy. also the hebrew word "bar aaron", meaning "son of aaron".,noble man
- Cosmocosmo as a name of children of italian and greek origin, and the importance of cosmo is "order, harmony, beauty". italian form of the greek cosmas. saint cosmos, a martyr, patron saint of the italian city of milan, and the name was most common is by the fame of cosimo de' medici, grand duke of tuscany and one of the most important patrons of the italian renaissance. his friend, the duke of gordon, took the name of the united kingdom in the 17 century. now is also the name of a football team.,courtesy, order,order, the beauty
- Kingthe king as a young man by the name is the old english origin, and the importance of the king is "the king". one of the several titles that, at times, also as a given name. the other man's name title of caesar, count, czar, duke, earl, khanh, dukes, and marquises. modern can be used, and inspired by martin luther king.,executive,man, king,monarch,sovereign
- Robertbright glory,bright fame,famed, bright, shining, glory,robert how to a girl's name is pronounced rah-bert. it is of old german origin, and the importance of robert is "bright fame". one of the favorite name for boys since the middle ages. especially favored by the scots due to 14th-century king robert the bruce and poet robert burns. name of the 11th century, duke of normandy, who was also a crusader. senator robert kennedy; poet robert burns; actor robert deniro, robert duvall, rob schneider; author robert lawson; general robert e. lee, the writer robert ludlum; baseball player roberto alomar, roberto clemente.
- Marquisof the border,marquis how a young man name is pronounced mar-keece, mar-kiss, mar-kee. it is the old french origin, and the meaning of marquis is "nobleman; lord of the borderlands". originally a title of nobility for aristocrats whose holdings were at risk border (the trademark). it is a lower rank than the duke, but higher than the count, viscount or baron. as a personal name it may be affected by the name, derived from the latin marcus. phonetic variants show that parents prefer mar-keece, probably with the marquis as the name of title. marquis (mar-kiss) is a variant of a scottish surname. the football players marquez pope; baseball player marquis grissom. the shape of the sea-.,a title of nobility, the gentry,the ruler of the borderlands
- Patricianoble women, aristocrats,noble, patrician,noble-born,patricia as a girl, the name is used (less often than the boys of her name patricia) pretty pa-trish-ah. it is of latin origin, and the importance of patricia is "noble; patrician". - female of patrick. the romans, once they have been shared, socially and politically into two major classes, the plebeians and the patricians. to patrick, which meant that he was highly rated, an aristocrat. the name became popular when it was used by queen victoria ' s granddaughters. it is popular today in spain. singer patti labelle, patsy cline, pat benatar; actresses patty duke, patricia neal, patricia arquette; first lady pat nixon; the congresswoman pat schroeder.
- Marmadukefollowers of maedoc,followers of maedoc,marmaduke, as a name of children and of irish or gaelic origin, and the meaning of marmaduke is "the followers of the saint maedoc". the most famous of a series of holy name maedoc was in the sixth century, abbot of clonmore in ireland. the name is unlikely to english upper-class connotations.
- Campbellcampbell, a boy's name (also used regularly by most of the names of girl campbell), the scottish gaelic and the origin, and the meaning of campbell is "crooked mouth". name of a famous scottish highland-clan-as to the face-feature (gaelic "cam beul). the hereditary chief of the clan campbell, the duke of argyll, at a time in the control large acres of the highlands of scotland, and commanded the loyalty of thousands of men. the actor campbell scott.,campbell as a girl's name (less often than the guys their name campbell), is scottish, and the importance of campbell is "crooked mouth". surname as a nickname, and subsequently the name of the clan. a man of the name in scotland, but that is used for both sexes in us.,asymmetry of the mouth,the mouth is crooked
- Wellingtonof weola the city,the people living in the village, in the manicured area near the temples,the people who lived in the temple,wellington for a name of children altenglischen of origin. place name with connotations aristocratic, because the famous duke of wellington, in which napoleon was defeated, and gave his name high, waterproof boots, and filet of beef wrapped in dough.
- Countthe name of conde is a name of children . nobility name as the duke and the count seem to form a minitrend: actor danny bonaduce with your child's name, count dante jean-michel valentino. to hit that. or stop: do not.
- Atholathol as a young man by the name its origin is gaelic, and the importance of athol is "new ireland". the location, the name. the duke of atholl in scotland, that only citizens of the united kingdom shall have the right to manage its own military.,new irish country
- Yorkfrom the town of eburos,of the yew to the day,yew york, as a boys' name is pronounced york. it is the old english origin, and the meaning of york is boar settlement; yew-settlement. place name and surname. it is also used as a title (duke of york) in english of the royal family for several hundred years.
Select the collection list Create +
Create New CollectionCollection Name