- Name :virginia
- Meaning :woman virgin,virgin, virgin,virgin, pure,virginia how to a girl's name is pronounced vir-jin-yah. it is of latin origin, and the importance of virginia, is virgin. the name was originally spelled verginia, and was the feminine form of an ancient roman name of clan verginius. with time, its spelling changed due to its association with the latin term virgin, which means virgin. this meaning for the name since then. popular in america since the mid-19th century, century; the first child born in america, virginia dare, in the year 1597. the state of virginia was named as homage to the virgin queen elizabeth i. writer virginia woolf; tennis player virginia wade.
- Gender :Girl
Similar Names For virginia
- Gingerginger woman,ginger how to a girl's name is pronounced jin-jer. it is of english origin, and the importance of ginger in "dynamism, vitality, ginger". refers to the acute root is used as a condiment. also, the nickname for virginia (lat.), the "virgin". was made famous by the actress ginger rogers.,reddish-orange in color,the trunk (including the horn body)
- Ginnydiminutive of virginia,ginny, as a girl's name is pronounced jin-ee. it is of latin origin, and the importance of ginny is "virgin". briefly, in general, of virginia.,woman, virgin,virginal
- Orlandofamous country,known throughout the country,from orlando to the boys of their name is pronounced or-lahn-doh. is of spanish and old german origin, and the meaning of orlando is the ' face of the earth." the variant of roland. in its most literary and the end of the 19ten century of use. literary virginia woolf wrote a gender-bending fantasy novel "orlando". composer orlando gibbons; football player orlando pace, the actor orlando bloom.
- Langleyof the long meadow,langley as a boy's name (also as a girl's name langley), is an old english origin, and the meaning of langley is "long meadow". place-name: langley, virginia, is the home of the cia.,langley as a girl's name (also as a young man by the name of langley) is a former english origin, and the meaning of langley is "long meadow". place, name.,long life
- Richmondrichmond,powerful protectors,richmond as a name of children of old french origin, and the importance of richmond "rich hill". it can also be (alt-english) in the "great protector". the place, the name of the capital of virginia in the united states.,the protector of the king
- Hamptonfrom the people of the city,hampton as a girl's name is pronounced hamp-do. it is the old english origin, and the meaning of hampton is "home-town". the location, the name. beach of hampton, virginia, is the oldest settlement in english in continuous existence in the united states, and hampton roads, the channel is one of the great natural harbours. south carolina planters of wade hampton important was a soldier in the war of independence and his grandson (same name) was a prominent confederate general and later governor of south carolina. music of lionel hampton.,home town,a hamlet, in a development
- Manassehbecause of lack of memory,and of manasseh, when a young man by the name is of hebrew origin, and the importance of manasseh to "win" the forgotten". the anglisierte version, which is very popular in israel. the civil war bull run was fought near the city of manassas, virginia.
- Varinavarina as a girl's name. it may be a respelling of verena. the name of the early virginia plantation, and also the wife of jefferson davis, the hero of the confederation. also the form of barbara. also the form of barbara.
- Langhornelanghorne, as a young man by the name is the old english origin, and the meaning of langhorne is "long horn". an ancient name of virginia carries the illustrious nancy langhorne astor, the first woman member of the house of commons.
- Powhatanpowhatan as a young man, of name, of native american indian origin, and the importance of the powhatan is "powwow hill". name of the father of pocahontas, once a powerful leader in virginia.,powwow hill
- Verlindathe name of verlinda is a girl name . verlinda was a name used in some of the early english settlers families in virginia.
- Virginiusvirginius the boys name is of latin origin, and the importance of virginius is chaste. masculine form of virginia. primarily in the old virginia families, and as a reference for the state known as the old dominion more to virginity.
Select the collection list Create +
Create New CollectionCollection Name