- Name :scotland
- Meaning :the name of scotland is a maiden name, of scottish origin. kim basinger and alec baldwin, daughter ireland opens the display of the names of scotland, and now that it has been chosen, kourtney kardashian's daughter penelope name -- in honor of pope scott disick -- scotland is secure, appear on other birth certificates. you can scotlyn far behind?
- Gender :Girl
Similar Names For scotland
- Alexanderalejandro as a boy's name (also less often than the girls of name alexander) is pronounced al-ek-zan-the. it is of greek origin, and the importance of alexander, is the man and his defender, warrior". the latin form of the greek name alexandros. the name was probably coined originally as a title of the goddess hera, wife of zeus. alexander the great (356-323 bc) conquered and ruled the greater part of the known world before his death at the age of 33. the story describes him as a man of high physical courage, impulsive energy, and the fire of the imagination. it was a real name in scotland. see also lexer. the english poet alexander pope; american statesman alexander hamilton; actors sir alec guinness, alec baldwin; american secretary of state alexander haig; soviet writer and dissident alexander solzhenitsyn; writer alexandre dumas.,defender of man,defender of men, warriors,defenders of the people,the defence of the men
- Jessiediminutive of jessica jean,foresight; or, god is merciful,jessie as a girl name, used less frequently than the boys of their name jessie) is very jess-ee. it is of hebrew origin, and the meaning of jessie is "he sees". pet form of jessica, also recorded in scotland from an early date as a pet form of jean and diminutive of janet. it is also a variation of the spelling of the male name jesse. jess is a popular prefix in the contemporary girls ' name, especially in the mixes, the sound as jocelyn. opera diva jessye norman. also the shape of jasmine.,who can provide rich
- Nigelthe champion or the black, the champion, cloud, passionate or black come from the clouds,the dark, black-haired,nigel how a young man by the name is pronounced nye-jel®. he is irish gaelic and the origin, and the meaning of nigel is "champion". variant of niall. it is also possible (in latin) "black". the name was well travelled. niall in ireland and scotland, and was njals in scandinavia, form the latin nigellus in the region of normandy, then, is nigel in england. the actor nigel havers.
- Gaela gaelic person,gael as a girl, the name is used (also, more in general, as a young man by the name gael), is of french origin. the name could be a shortened form of the breton name judicaël, which means "generous leader," or an abbreviation of gwenaël (gwenn "white, fair, pure" and hael "generous"). it can also refer to one of the celtic peoples of scotland or ireland. as a respelling of gail is also the form of abigail.,gael as a young man by the name (less often than the girls of name gael), is of french origin. the french name gaël is a short form of breton called judicaël, which means "generous" leader". the name could also be a shortened form of gwenaël (gwenn "white, and hael "generous"), the name of a breton saint. the term was coined in english that is used to refer to the high lands of the celts of scotland. the scots term gaidheal is developed, probably, from the irish goidel, this can be attributed to the ancient celtic word gwydd, meaning "wild". sounds similar and can also be used as a respelling of gail, which is traditionally female.,the gaelic, irish,gaelic ancestry
- Margaretmargaret how to a girl's name is pronounced margret. it is of greek origin, and the importance of margaret is "pearl". a holy name. historical: the names of the nine queens of england, scotland, france and austria. the name used in the english through the speakers of latin (as margarita) and alt-french (as marguerite). he was closely identified with scotland. marit is a scandinavian form. of great britain, margaret thatcher; actresses margaret sullavan, marg helgenberger; anthropologist margaret mead; author margaret mitchell.,pearl
- Calumcalum as a girl's name is pronounced kal-to. is of scottish, gaelic and latin origin, and the importance of calum is "dove". variant of columba. this was popular among early christians because the dove was a symbol of meekness, of purity, of peace and of the holy spirit. saint columba was influential in the sixth century, a missionary of ireland, founded a monastery on the scottish island of iona. his contemporary saint columba, also irish, was a missionary in france, switzerland and italy. calum and its variant callum as variants of malcolm in scotland.,dove
- Emeremer as a girl's name is of irish or gaelic origin. anglisierte form of the traditional name cube or émer, which are of uncertain origin. in the legend of ireland, emer was cú chulainn ' s beloved, a woman blessed with the "six gifts of womanhood", beauty, a gentle voice, sweet words, crafts, wisdom and chastity. in scotland, the form of emihir of sorley maclean in his "poems emihir".,fast,swift
- Knoxfrom the top of the small hill,from the top of the hill,knox as a young man by the name is the old english origin, and the meaning of knox is "round-top hill". john knox founded the presbyterian church of scotland in the mid-16th century.round hill
- Boydblonde,blonde,boyd how to a girl's name is pronounced boyd. is of scotland, and of the origin gaelic. transferred use of the irish and scottish surname. it can be a place, name of the scottish isle of bute, known in gaelic as "bod". possibly, also in relation with the galician "buidhe", meaning "yellow, blonde". the name was initially used as a surname in scotland in the 13th century. the actor boyd gaines.,son's hair yellow
- Barclaybarclay, as a young man by the name is pronounced bar-klay. is of scotland and altenglischen of origin, and the importance of barclay is "birch tree meadow". place name berkeley, gloucestershire, and that the issue of use of the scottish surname, in scotland, in the 12th century by walter de berchelai, was chamberlain of scotland in the year 1165. his descendants became one of the most powerful families in scotland. this form is very popular in scotland; berkeley is more prevalent in other places. barclays is the name of one of the largest banks in the united kingdom. basketball player charles barkley.,the wood of birch,where birch trees grow,birch wood
- Irvingof irving, scotland,green, river, sea, friend,irving how to a girl name it is pronounced l-vin. is gaelic origin, and the meaning of irving is "green, fresh water". a scottish surname, probably derived from a celtic river-name of welsh ir, yr athos. using as name from the century of mid-19th century. the composer irving berlin; author irving stone.,green water
- Elspethelspeth as a girl's name is pronounced els-peth. it is of scottish and hebrew origin, and the meaning of elspeth is "god is my oath". scotland shortened form of elizabeth. author elspeth huxley.,god is my oath,god promised
- Malcolmfollowers of st. colomba,the students of st. columba,the follower of st. columba,the successor of the st. columba,malcolm as a young man by the name is pronounced by the semen. it is scottish gaelic and the origin and meaning of malcolm is "follower of saint columba". the name of the prince of scotland, the king was to macbeth murdered his father. shakespeare's play is based on the true story. the name makes a call to black families, in virtue of malcolm x. publisher malcolm forbes.
- Kelvina river in scotland,from the river kelvin kelvin how a young man name is pronounced kelvin. it is of english origin, and the importance of kelvin is "friend of ships". possibly, a namespace refers to a river.,narrow waters
Select the collection list Create +
Create New CollectionCollection Name