- Name :merlin
- Meaning :fort, near the sea,the latinized form of myrddin,merlin how to a girl's name is pronounced mer-lin. it is welsh origin, and the meaning of merlin is the fortress of the sea". mythology: arthurian valley describe merlin as the magician, king arthur ' mentor. myrddin, the magician, was reported to the king arthur in the uk legend was known as myrddin emrys. writer, this translated into latin as merlin ambrose, and in english as mervyn. it is an error, because the first part of the name was a welsh name of the city on the coast carmarthen. emrys was the personal name and a version in welsh of ambrose. so merlin probably means "ambrose of carmarthen", and is only vaguely with regard to mervyn and its variants. football player, merlin olsen.,fortress of the sea
- Gender :Boy
Similar Names For merlin
- Vivianalive, vibrant,full of life,of the life,vivian as a girl, the name is used (less often than kids his name of vivian) is very viv-ee-in. it is of latin origin, and the importance of vivian is alive. an ancient personal name; a name sacred. the name was common until the 19th century. century. in malory ' s morte d'arthur, vivien was the lady of the lake and enchantress of merlin. although linguistically unrelated, vivian has been used as an english version of the irish gaelic name bebhinn. see also vianna. the actresses vivien leigh, vivian vance.,vivian as a young man by the name (more often that girls name vivian) is of latin origin, and the importance of vivian is full of life. a girl ' s name in america, but sometimes also used for young people in the uk.
- Merleblackbird,merle as a boy's name (also as a girl name merle) is very merl. it is of french origin, and the importance of merle is "blackbird". country and western singer merle haggard has this family name. also the form of merlin.,merle as a girl's name (also known as boy name merle) is a former french, the origin, and the meaning of merle is "blackbird". the name has also been developed as a variant of muriel and meriel. the actress merle oberon.,bright sea
- Marlonlittle blackbird,little belicoso that marlon, as a boy's name (also less often than the girls of name marlon) is very sea-lon. it is of english origin. it is possible (alt-french) "little hawk", or a variant of merlin or marcellus. the modern use is inspired by actor marlon brando.,clear
- Emrysemrys as a name of children welsh and greek origin, and the importance of emrys is "immortal". the welsh version of ambrose. in the tradition welsh, ambrosius aurelianus (fifth century), military leader and the uncle of king arthur, also known as emrys wledig. merlin is, at times, also known as merlin emrys.,immortal,immortal
- Mervingreat lord, great bone marrow,mervin how to a girl's name is pronounced mer-see. is the old welsh origin, and the meaning of mervin is "be a friend". possibly "sea hill". merfyn is the original form. see also marvin and merlin.,sea hill
- MerlenCeltic - Sea Hill Fort; Small Falcon; A variation of the name Merlin, Celtic - Sea Hill Fort, Small Falcon, A variation of the name Merlin
- MerlinnCeltic - Sea Hill Fort; Small Falcon; A variation of the name Merlin, Celtic - Sea Hill Fort, Small Falcon, A variation of the name Merlin
- MerlynnCeltic - Sea Hill Fort; Small Falcon; A variation of the name Merlin, Celtic - Sea Hill Fort, Small Falcon, A variation of the name Merlin
- Gwendolengwendolen as a girl's name is pronounced gwyn-doh-len. it is welsh origin, and the meaning of gwendolen is "fair bow; blessed ring". gwen's "i know right, blessed, holy" and dolen "ring", "bow". in some legends, merlin the magician has a wife named gwendolyn. also, according to the myth, the name of the wife of a mythical king welsh locrine. the variation of wendy is much more common.,white ring, circle
- Pellinorethe name pellinore is a name of children . the name of a province, the king arthur, the legend of the almost defeated arthur in the one-to-one, to which merlin agrees to save arthur's life. pellinore, then, is a companion of arthur and the knights of the round table. its name probably derives from beli mawr, a legendary model character of the literature, welsh, established several royal welsh lines. a variant of the welsh name is pellinor.
- MerwynLover of the Sea; Famous Friend; A form of Merlin, Lover of the Sea, Famous Friend, A form of Merlin
- Esmerlindathe name of esmerlinda is a girl name . esmerlinda looks like a mix of the names, the combination of the "emerald" and "linda".
Select the collection list Create +
Create New CollectionCollection Name