- Name :lyre
- Meaning :a harp or lyre
- Gender :Unisex
Similar Names For lyre
- Lyriclyra,the poetry as a girl's name is pronounced in white-ick. it is of french origin, and the importance of poetry is "the lyre". literally, the words of a song.,lyrical, liedhaften person,liedhaften words of a song
- Orpheusthe darkness,the orpheus, as a young man by the name is of greek origin. maybe "good voice". in greek mythology, orpheus was given his lyre of apollo himself. trained by the muses, he became a very talented musician, he could literally move mountains with their song. as his wife eurydice died from a snake bite, he descended, in the realm of the dead to win, back to life. the gods were so moved of his music, agree, that, on his return, under the condition that orpheus not back as he took her up into the sky. he could not resist the temptation to take a look at her, and disappeared back into the abyss. the tragedy of his gallant mistakes have been made in several operas.,it is unknown the relevance
- Lyrislyris as a girl's name is of greek origin, and the importance of lyris is "the lyre". the lyre is a small stringed instrument.
- KinnorThe name means Ancient Musical Instrument, Lyre, The name means Ancient Musical Instrument, Lyre
- Allyrianeallyriane as a girl's name is of greek origin, and the importance of allyriane is "lyre". the name french. the lyre was a stringed instrument, a predecessor of the current harp or the guitar.
- Citharazither as a girl name. ancient musical instrument resembling both the lyre and the zither. the name is probably the root of the word "guitar".
Select the collection list Create +
Create New CollectionCollection Name