- Name :laura
- Meaning :laurel,laurel tree,laura how to a girl's name is pronounced law-rah, loo-ah. it is of latin origin, and the importance of laura is "the bay, or laurel of the work." in the classical period was a crown made of the leaves of the bay laurel for heroes or winner, as a symbol of glory and victory. the poet petrarch addressed his sonnets to laura. also known as the name of the heroine of the 1940's, the film "laura". laura was also a sign of the "little house on the prairie" little house books. see also liora. actresses laura dern, laura linney; the singer laura brannigan; the first lady, laura bush.,laurel
- Gender :Girl
Similar Names For laura
- Laurellaurel,laurel, as a girl's name is pronounced lawr-el. it is of latin origin, and the importance of bay is "the bay, or laurel of the work." nature the name of laura.,the leaves of the laurel tree
- Lorenafamous army,laurel,lorena how to a girl's name is pronounced lor-een-ah, lor-ay-about. it is of latin origin, and the importance of lorraine is "laurel". variant of laura or lora. also the form of lauren.,the women of the region of lorraine
- Lorraineof lorraine, in france,in the province of lorraine,lorraine how to a girl's name is pronounced lor-ayn. it is of french origin, and the importance of lorraine is "from lorraine". name of the province in france (where joan of arc was), and a family, the names of the kings of france. also an elaboration of lora, or can be derived from laura (latin) "laurel". see also lorraine. actress laraine newman.,the women of the region of lorraine
- Laurencelaurel,laurence as a girl's name (also as a young man by the name of laurence) is of french and latin, and the importance of laurence "from laurentum". female lawrence. also the shape of laura. also the form of lauren.,the man from laurentum
- Lorilaurel,laurel,laurel tree,lori how to a girl's name is pronounced lore-ee. it is of english and latin, the origin and meaning of lori is "laurel". the modern variant of laurie and lora; diminutive of laura. also the shape of the region of lorraine.
- Lorettalaurel,laurel,loretta how to a girl's name is pronounced lor-ret-ah. it is the italian and latin, and the importance of loretta is "laurel". diminutive of laura or lora. this developed in a way that the name originated in the 19th century. loreta is a holy name. actresses loretta young, loretta swit; the country singer loretta lynn.
- Lorenzalaurel,laurel,laurence as a girl's name is very lo-ren payment. it is the italian and latin, and the importance of laurence is "from laurentum". female lawrence, of lawrence. also the shape of laura. also the form of lauren. also the form of laurence.
- Almanzoalmanzo as a name of children german origin, and the meaning of almanzo is "precious man". surname. known from the "little house" books: almanzo wilder tells laura that a distant english ancestors had saved during the crusades from an arab called the manzoor. "changed after a time in england, but i don't think there is any possibility to improve a lot." it appears in front of hundreds of years, the parents of the fantasy of possibilities for your name.,the winner
- Laurentiathe name laurentia is a maiden name, the spanish, of latin origin. this charming, feminine form of laurence its origin in ancient rome, and is still, at times, to listen to the latino community. it is one of the many fascinating latin name for girls that is worth considering, that modern-day parents, as a characteristic of turning to laura or lauren.
- Lorellelaurel,lorelle, as a girl's name is of latin origin, and the importance of lorelle is "laurel tree". variant of laura or laurel leaf.
- Lornafox,lorne,lorna how to a girl's name is pronounced lor closely. is scottish. created by blackmore ' to scottish place name, lorn, and used for the heroine of his 19ten century in the romantic novel "lorna doone". actor lorna luft. also the shape of laura.
Select the collection list Create +
Create New CollectionCollection Name