Nikitha UrsMom of a 5 yr 1 m old child
A. 1. Wash and soak ragi for at least 8 to 10 hours. While soaking they can be refrigerated or water needs to be changed a couple of times to prevent odor.
2. Drain off and blend them in a blender jar with little water. Add water as needed.
3. Place a cloth over a colander and keep a container under it to collect milk.
4. Pour the blended mixture to the cloth and then squeeze off to extract milk. You can repeat blending and then filter once more.
5. Cook this milk on a low flame till the mixture thickens as needed. If using milk, cool it completely. Add formula powder to a cup and little water make the milk and add it to the ragi. Stir well.
6. Always serve warm. Warm foods are lighter on the tummy and digest well.