ExpertDr. Swapnil SaxenaAyurvedic PhysicianSep 09, 2018
For proper medications and dosages you should consult with your paediatrician once.
In home remedies can be-
• Using indirect steam and use of humidifier or cool mist vaporiser in the room . Breathing moist air loosens the mucous in the airway passages.
• Blocked or stuffy nose interferes with breathing while breastfeeding or bottle feeding. So you can use saline nasal drops either store bought or home made , one to two drops in each nostril
• Maintain hydration. Keep feeding the baby at regular intervals.
• Apply Vicks baby rub on soles of both feet chest and back and cover the baby well .make the baby wear soft cotton socks. Alternatively you can apply mustard oil heated with ajwain and garlic in it filtered well and apply luke warm on these areas.
• Avoid cold temperatures
• As common cold and cough are of viral origin and spread by droplet infection so avoid contact with sick person.
• Maintain hygiene to avoid risk of infection. Wash your hands or sanitize hands before touching the baby.
• Avoid mouth contact on babies face , hands and rest of body parts.