ExpertDr Sameer awadhiyaPaediatrician
A. if your daughter is having blocked nose then you can simply put nasal saline drops in the nose it will clear the nasal places and also you can put nasal saline drops and after that you can put airport in the nose when you are Child sleeping and once you put child will sneeze and secretions may come out
ExpertDr. Swapnil SaxenaAyurvedic Physician
For proper medications and dosages you should consult with your paediatrician once.
In home remedies can be-
• Using indirect steam and use of humidifier or cool mist vaporiser in the room . Breathing moist air loosens the mucous in the airway passages.
• Blocked or stuffy nose interferes with breathing while breastfeeding or bottle feeding. So you can use saline nasal drops either store bought or home made , one to two drops in each nostril
• Maintain hydration. Keep feeding the baby at regular intervals.
• Apply Vicks baby rub on soles of both feet chest and back and cover the baby well .make the baby wear soft cotton socks. Alternatively you can apply mustard oil heated with ajwain and garlic in it filtered well and apply luke warm on these areas.
• Avoid cold temperatures
• As common cold and cough are of viral origin and spread by droplet infection so avoid contact with sick person.
• Maintain hygiene to avoid risk of infection. Wash your hands or sanitize hands before touching the baby.
• Avoid mouth contact on babies face , hands and rest of body parts.