New Parenting Style A Modern Mom's Parenting Style
Breast engorgement
Breast engorgement is a common breastfeeding problem. It involves development of hard, swollen & painful breast due to too much milk.Dear Moms, Share tips to deal with the breast engorgement problem.
Discussion First Comment Single
86 Comments
ADITI Mom of a 7 m old boy 3 weeks ago
solution is frequent feeding schedule
Deepa Lakshmi Mom of 2 children 3 weeks ago
as a feeding mother, don't use tight dress..it's a one of the reason for engorgement..use hot water and give warm massage....feed alternatively in both sides
Jenifer kishore Mom of a 3 m old boy 4 weeks ago
In reply to Nisha Tamang
my baby takes milk from only one side of my breast so my left breast is engrosed what to do?
you start to feed left side more frequently
Jenifer kishore Mom of a 3 m old boy 4 weeks ago
first and most thing u can do is applying hot compress,feed every 2 hours,ensure good latching,and the most effective way is pumping out the excess milk ,store and if you want u can feed that milkk..but make sure that your breasts are not full enough to cause pain..but for your kind information it will take two to three weeks to resolve as the baby slowly grows and learns how to suck..I had a very severe experience and died each second..now feel so comfortable...buy pumping bottle and try to Express out..hope this will help..and for sure nipple apply only coconut oil and breast milk around the soreness..no need of any artificial creams..
dr kamineni tulasi Mom of a 1 yr 8 m old boy 1 month ago
apply hot application with cloth it makes the harder breast soft too
neetu Mom of a 1 yr 8 m old boy 1 month ago
many times I faced the same problem. I used to massage lightly with lukewarm water and breast pump to ease it.
Nisha Tamang Mom of a 1 yr 7 m old boy 1 month ago
my baby takes milk from only one side of my breast so my left breast is engrosed what to do?
Sayyed Tasneem Mom of a 4 m old girl 1 month ago
use Himalaya nipple cream .... made of butter....no harmfull for babies....
sonika Mom of a 6 m old boy 1 month ago
In reply to padhu.Nat
just apply breast milk on the affected area for 2 days..I've applied. good result
Apply nipcare cream after every breast feed and wash before baby feed it gives good result I am also apply
sonika Mom of a 6 m old boy 1 month ago
Sorry spelling mistake use breast cream
ADD NEW COMMENT TO THIS POST
Breast engorgement
Breast engorgement is a common breastfeeding problem. It involves development of hard, swollen & painful breast due to too much milk.Dear Moms, Share tips to deal with the breast engorgement problem.

Post Anonymously
ADD NEW REPLY TO THIS COMMENT

Post Anonymously

Want to Comment, Follow or Share this Discussion?

Login Register

Join the largest community of parents and see parenting in a new way

Download our App

Get for iOS

Get for Android