Firstcry Parenting
Parenting Firstcry
BREASTFEEDING MOMS Discussions about Breastfeeding
Unfolding wishes of a Breastfeeding Mom
Complete the caption ' I wish_________ someone should had told me before about breastfeeding'. Express your thoughts khulke in the comments below!

Note-Best comment will get featured on our upcoming breastfeeding post.
89 Comments
Renu Singh Mom of 3 children 3 months ago
that breastfeed gives feeling of complete to baby and mother too.so be happy while breastfeed enjoy the moment
1 Like
Anuja Chayal Expecting Mom due in 6 months 4 months ago
That premature and underweight babies will need more help and time to latch.
4 Likes
sayed saman zehra Mom of 4 children 4 months ago
"the baby himself will learn how to breastfeed. it is like a natural phenomenon"
But SORRY world..it is not like that always..
u have to try n train the baby.
2 Likes
sukanya ghose Mom of a 6 m old girl 4 months ago
You will start sweating like you are in a steam sauna while breast feeding.
6 Likes 1 Reply
sonal purandare Mom of a 1 yr old girl 4 months ago
I WISH SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT:
1. FIRST 2 WEEKS ARE CRITICAL
2. LATCH NEEDS TO BE WATCHED CAREFULLY
3 MOTHER NEEDS LOADS OF FLUID INTAKE
4. CHICKPEA HELPS INCREASE BREAST MILK
5. IF BABY DOESN'T LATCH WELL ,ONE CAN USE PUMP TO KEEP UP THE SUPPLY
6. AND YES IT IS POSSIBLE TO RELACTATE
EVEN IF YOUR BABY IS GROWING NOW AND IS MORE THAN 2-3 MONTHS OLD

AND WHAT NOT...
2 Likes
Vinutha ChandraKumar Mom of a 4 m old boy 3 months ago
I wish I had met lactation consultant immediately after delivery and also about breastfeeding during pregnancy and how to take care of nipples..
1 Like
Prerna Mom of a 2 yr 1 m old girl 3 months ago
I wish someone had told me about how to take care of my flat and inverted nipples so that I would have been mentally prepared. I wish Someone would have supported and encouraged me during the whole process... I wish I would have not stopped breastfeeding my darling so early ... I wish.. I wish.. I wish.. and I wish that no mom has to go through the tough times that I had... please ensure to get your nipples checked by your doc couple of days before delivery and get a proper supportive environment and not stop feeding your little one until she turns 2.
1 Like 1 Reply
Jhanvi Ghadge Mom of a 4 m old boy 3 months ago
I had received right guidance on inverted nipples . Like 1) Pulling them out manually everyday
2) Taking hot water showers and pulling them out which helps in opening the pores and reduces pain as they are soft and easy to pull
3) Use the syringe technique to pull out inverted nipples (YouTube for the steps to follow )PS:- If it's pains do it under guidance.
Sangeetha m Mom of a 4 m old boy 3 months ago
In reply to Prerna
I wish someone had told me about how to take care of my flat and inverted nipples so that I would have been mentally prepared. I wish Someone would have supported and encouraged me during the whole process... I wish I would have not stopped breastfeeding my darling so early ... I wish.. I wish.. I wish.. and I wish that no mom has to go through the tough times that I had... please ensure to get your nipples checked by your doc couple of days before delivery and get a proper supportive environment and not stop feeding your little one until she turns 2.
true, my baby is 46days now still he is not able to latch it😥
Mohamed Rahamathulla A Father of a 6 yr 2 m old boy 3 months ago
before breastfeeding v should drink liquids. stress free, be happy, in good environment
ADD NEW COMMENT TO THIS POST
Unfolding wishes of a Breastfeeding Mom
Complete the caption ' I wish_________ someone should had told me before about breastfeeding'. Express your thoughts khulke in the comments below! Note-Best comment will get featured on our upcoming breastfeeding post.

Post Anonymously
ADD NEW REPLY TO THIS COMMENT

Post Anonymously

Want to Comment, Follow or Share this Discussion?

Login Register

Join the largest community of parents and see parenting in a new way

Download our App

Get for iOS

Get for Android