Last Updated on
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|3 People||10 Minutes||25 Minutes|
- 3/4 cup Rava (Sooji/Semolina)
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1-2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Ginger
- 3 tablespoons Carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Ghee(Clarified Butter)
- 1 1/2 cups Water
Roast suji in a kadhai on low flame until it turns light brown (roughly for 5min), stirring continuously. When done, transfer to a plate.
Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in the same kadhai over medium flame.
Add mustard seeds. When they begin to splutter, add asafoetida and curry leaves.
Add chopped onion, grated ginger and sauté for 1-2 minutes until onion becomes translucent.
Add chopped carrot, and other vegetables, if any, and salt. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Mix well.
Add water and bring the mixture to boil, it will take around 2-3 minutes.
Add roasted rava and lemon juice; mix well. Stir continuously to avoid lumps.
Cover it with a lid and cook on low flame until mixture turns thick, stir at regular intervals.
Turn off heat. Add coriander leaves, mix well and transfer rava upma with carrots to a serving plate.
Serving Size 37.8g
|Calories||119||Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||4.5g 7%||Saturated Fat||0.6g 3%|
|Trans Fat||0.0g||Cholesterol||0mg 0%|
|Sodium||3mg 0%||Potassium||83mg 2%|
|Total Carbohydrates||16.4g 5%||Dietary Fiber||1.3g 5%|
|Vitamin A||8%||Vitamin C||5%|
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
- You can also add boiled vegetables of your choice in above recipe and make it healthier.
- Roast rava properly over low flame until light brown in color otherwise it will turn sticky after cooking.