Shed Kilos and Get a Flat Belly By Drinking Green Tea
Most women want to lose weight have a flat belly without following a strict diet. But losing weight is not easy, it is an ongoing battle. But there are some things that can speed up the process of weight loss. Today, many people are drinking green tea, as it is fast gaining popularity as the magical health drink which can help one lose weight. It probably gets this reputation owing to the presence of many antioxidants and nutrients that are beneficial for our health. Thus brew your cups of green tea paired with nutritious diet and regular exercise to lose weight the healthy way.
How Does Green Tea Help in Weight Loss?
Drinking green tea can play a potential role in your weight loss goals. Many people wonder how to lose weight with green tea extract. To safely incorporate green tea extract, be sure to drink plenty of water as caffeine can be diuretic. Some of the ways green tea can help you lose weight are:
- The caffeine content in green tea can function as a stimulant to promote fat and calorie burning thus playing a role in weight loss.
- Green tea is high in effective antioxidants called catechins which can accelerate your metabolism and boost the burning of fats.
- It is very low in calories so you can drink it without worrying about putting on weight.
- Green tea can enhance fat oxidation and improve insulin activity thereby contributing to weight loss.
- Stress can be a factor for binge eating which may lead to unwarranted weight gain. Green tea has an active ingredient called theanine, a kind of amino acid which can help ease your stress and help you relax.
7-day Diet Plan Using Green Tea for Weight Loss
A green tea diet programme is quite easy to follow. You do not have to adhere to any strict rules. The only requirement is to have it daily. Also, it can complement any exercise or food plan you wish to follow. Always go in for a good quality green tea for optimum results. It is advisable to consult a dietician before starting any diet plan.
|Why It Works
|An apple, a cup of green tea (sugar-free).
|A cup of green tea followed by a bowl of stewed vegetables and 150 gm of chicken after an hour.
|A cup of green tea followed by a vegetable salad and a bowl of curd after a gap of an hour.
|It helps split fats for weight loss without compromising on your energy levels and body endurance.
|Any fruit, a bowl of porridge, a cup of green tea.
|A cup of green tea followed by a bowl of boiled vegetables and 150 g of baked fish after an hour.
|A cup of green tea along with toast followed by fruit salad with low-fat yoghurt after a break of an hour.
|It provides whole food nutrition while helping you lose weight.
|An orange, two boiled eggs, a cup of green tea with a teaspoon of honey.
|A cup of green tea followed by a bowl of vegetable soup, and 100 g chicken after a gap of an hour.
|A cup of green tea followed by prune and beet salad with a bowl of rice after an hour.
|You get a balanced measure of nutrients sans the calories.
|A cup of green tea, a bowl of porridge with raisins and grated apple.
|A cup of green tea followed by fresh vegetable salad and 150 g chicken after an hour.
|A cup of green tea followed by 150 g baked fish with a bowl of rice after an hour.
|As it is quite filling, it will prevent hunger pangs. Also, you will get a healthy dose of nutrients.
|A cup of green tea, a toast, and a pomegranate.
|A cup of green tea followed by vegetable stew and a bowl of plain rice after an hour.
|A cup of green tea followed by a large bowl of vegetable soup and a plate of fresh green salad after an hour.
|A fruit and vegetable diet translates into fewer calories which are key to weight loss.
|An apple, a bowl of whole grain cereals with low-fat milk, a cup of green tea.
|A cup of green tea followed by a bowl of red kidney beans with plain rice after an hour.
|Drink a cup of green tea, then eat sprouted salad with tomatoes and vegetable soup after an hour.
|The foods mentioned here are low in calories and satiating so you will feel full for longer, and hence won’t binge eat!
|A pear, a bowl of poha, and a cup of green tea.
|A cup of green tea followed by a bowl of mixed vegetables with brown rice and curd after an hour.
|A cup of green tea followed by a bowl of khichdi with sprouts salad after an hour.
|Fruits and vegetables encourage metabolic rate while delivering all the vital nutrients.
Preparing Green Tea with Different Weight Loss Agents
Having a cup of green tea is not the only way you can use it for weight loss. Here are some green tea recipes for weight loss:
1. Avocado Smoothie with Green Tea
By combining avocado with green tea you can get fatty acids, protein, and antioxidants which can help you lose weight.
How to Make
- Seep two teaspoons of green tea in half a cup of hot water for about 30 minutes.
- Put half an avocado, a banana and the green tea mix in a blender and blend it well to make a sweet smoothie.
2. Green Tea with Ginger, Lemon, and Honey
It is possible to lose weight with green tea and lemon. You can also drink green tea with honey to lose weight. Moreover, adding unprocessed honey and ginger can increase the antioxidant, anti-inflammatory benefits. The soothing drink is also rich in amino acids which makes it a very healthy option.
How to Make
- Heat some water and add a tablespoon of green tea to it.
- Add grated ginger to it.
- Let it soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain and blend a tablespoon of honey in it.
- Squeeze half a lemon to enhance its flavour.
3. Green Tea with Ginseng
Ginseng is an incredible herb which has extraordinary stress-relieving and stamina-raising qualities. Also, ginseng can aid in weight loss as it is a natural appetite suppressant.
How to Make
- Bring a cup of water to a boil and add the green tea leaves.
- Allow them to soak for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Strain and add a teaspoon of ginseng powder.
- Mix well and enjoy!
Are There Any Side Effects of Consuming Green Tea?
Drinking green tea as a beverage is usually considered safe. However, you may like to keep the following things in mind:
- In case a person has a history of high blood pressure, heart problems or anxiety, consult a doctor before drinking green tea as it has caffeine.
- Having green tea can also interfere with certain medications like antibiotics, blood pressure medicines, and blood thinners.
- Consuming green tea in excess can cause stomach issues, diarrhoea, heartburn, palpitation, muscle contractions, and glaucoma.
Here are some most commonly asked question on green tea:
1. How Much Green Tea Should Be Consumed in a Day for Best Result?
A cup of green tea contains approximately 0.2 grams of catechins. Therefore, it is commonly recommended to drink two to three cups every day for optimum results. However, green tea extract may prove more advantageous for weight loss than having regular green tea as it can concentrate the merits in a compact serving size.
2. Which Is the Best Time to Drink Green Tea for Weight Loss?
You can have green tea at any time of the day. Whenever you feel like reaching for a calorie-rich drink, consider green tea. It can make for a positive substitute for sweetened drinks.
3. Should I Add Sugar in Green Tea?
No, you should avoid adding any sugar or milk. Green tea has a distinctive robust flavour. When brewed correctly, it can taste delicious. It generally takes merely a couple of days for the taste buds to get used to green tea.
4. Can I Consume Iced Green Tea for Weight Loss?
Having iced green tea will not be effective for weight loss as the extraction of valuable catechins, caffeine, and flavonoids in the tea are subject to the time of brewing and temperature. Also, some varieties of green tea may work better. For weight loss, matcha green tea powder is very effective.
5. Is It Safe to Drink Green Tea for Post-pregnancy Weight Loss?
There may be no harm in enjoying a cup or two daily. But be sure not to consume in large quantities to be on the safer side.
Without a doubt, green tea is a healthy beverage. It can make you lose weight and give you a healthy body. So start drinking green tea today!