Prawns are quick cooking. Taking into consideration this aspect, prawns can become the perfect base for any stir-fry recipe. From chilli prawns to simple Chinese stir fried prawns, the options are numerous. Coming to our version of it, let us tell you that our recipe is easy-peasy, speedy, low-calorie and absolutely delicious.
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|4 People||20-25 Minutes||15-20 Minutes|
- 3 tbsp groundnut or sunflower oil
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- ½ red pepper, cored, deseeded and thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper, cored, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 200 gm prawns, de-veined and shelled
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 100 gm baby spinach leaves
Heat a wok on medium heat. Once you feel a good heat rising, add 2 tbsp oil.
After a minute or so, add the garlic slices and stir-fry until it starts to turn golden.
Next, add pepper and stir-fry for about 1 – 2 min.
Lastly, toss in the prawns and stir-fry for another 2 – 3 mins. Close the lid of the wok and keep it for 3 – 5 minutes. Add the soy or fish sauce.
Finally, just before serving, throw in the spinach and stir-fry until the spinach wilts.
Serve immediately with chilli-garlic sauce.