|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|2 People||2 Minutes||5-6 Minutes|
(Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- ½ cup quick cooking oats or rolled oats
- 2 cups water + ½ to 1 cup milk OR 2 to 2.5 cups water OR 2 to 2.5 cups milk
- 4 tbsp chikoo puree
- 2 tbsp sugar or add as per taste(optional– not needed if adding fruits)
Powder oats in a blender to make use for babies.
Take the powdered oats in a pan.
Add 2 cups water and ½ to 1 cup milk. Adjust consistency as per your requirement.
Stir often and heat the mixture on a low flame till the porridge thickens.
Cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
Serve oats porridge hot or warm or at room temperature.
Add chikoo puree once it becomes warm or cools down.
Serving Size 1 oz (30 g)
|Calories from Fat||14|
|Total Fat||1.2 g 1.8%|
|Dietary Fiber||2.1 g 8%|
|Total Carbohydrate||18.9 g 6%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- This oats porridge can be served to adults as well.
- For babies, avoid adding any dry fruits or large chunks of fruits to the porridge. you can add mango puree, mashed bananas or apple puree.
- Also, you can make the oats porridge with only water or with only milk or a combo of both as used in this recipe.