Oats porridge with banana
Introduce your baby to the world’s one of the healthiest foods – oats with this oats porridge recipe. Oat is a species of cereal grain, considered as a healthy food because of its fiber content and cholesterol lowering properties. This oats porridge recipe is a real quick one. During the morning rush hours, it can come to your rescue as a quick instant breakfast, not just for your baby, but for your complete family. Add any fruit of choice and make it more wholesome and tastier.
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|2 People||2 minutes||5-6 Minutes|
(measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- ½ cup quick cooking oats or rolled oats
- 2 cups water + ½ to 1 cup milk or 2 to 2.5 cups water or 2 to 2.5 cups milk
- Banana slices or mashed banana puree 4 tbsp
- 2 tbsp (tablespoon) sugar or add as per taste (optional – not needed if adding fruits)
Powder oats in a blender to make use for babies.
Take the powdered oats in a pan.
Add 2 cups water and ½ to 1 cup milk. Adjust consistency as per your requirement.
Stir often and heat the mixture on a low flame till the porridge thickens.
Cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
Serve oats porridge hot or warm or at room temperature.
Add banana slices or puree once it becomes warm or cools down.
Serving Size 1 oz (30 g)
|Calories from Fat||14|
|Total Fat||1.6 g 2%|
|Dietary Fiber||1.8 g 7%|
|Total Carbohydrate||21.9 g 7%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- This oats porridge can be served to adults as well.
- For babies, avoid adding any dry fruits or large chunks of fruits to the porridge. you can add mango puree, mashed chikoos or apple puree.
- Also, you can make the oats porridge with only water or with only milk or a combo of both as used in this recipe.