Pass on the goodness of the fiber-rich oats and apples to your baby with this recipe. All family members from babies to adults can try this recipe. However, when making for babies, add pureed or mashed apples.
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|2 People||2 Minutes||5-6 Minutes|
(measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- ½ cup quick cooking oats or rolled oats
- 2 cups water + ½ to 1 cup milk OR 2 to 2.5 cups water OR 2 to 2.5 cups milk
- 1 cup Apple slices
- 2 tbsp sugar or add as per taste (optional– not needed if adding fruits)
Take oats in a pan.
Add 2 cups water and ½ to 1 cup milk. Adjust consistency as per your requirement.
Heat the mixture on a low flame till the porridge thickens.
Add apple slices or puree.
Stir often and till the apple softens.
Cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
Serve oats porridge hot or warm or at room temperature.
Serving Size 33 g
|Calories||120||Calories from Fat||13|
|Total Fat||1.5 g 2%||Saturated Fat||0.3 g 1%|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0 g||Monounsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Sodium||160 mg 7%||Carbohydrates||26 g 9%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g 8%||Sugars||9 g|
|Protein||3 g||Vitamin A||0%|
*Based on a 2000 calorie diet
- For babies, avoid adding any dry fruits or large chunks of fruits to the porridge. You can add any other fruit of choice too like mango puree, mashed chikoos or banana puree.
- Also, you can make the oats porridge with only water or with only milk or a combo of both as used in this recipe.
- You can powder oats in a blender for babies.