Last Updated on
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|2 People||10-15 Minutes||15 Minutes|
- Washed, cleaned and cut fish (Cod, sole or pomfret)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp (teaspoon) turmeric powder
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
To clean Fish
Remove the scales of the fish, gut it out properly.
Cut the fish to desired sizes and wash 2 to 3 times till the water is clear.
Scrub the fish with a little rock salt and turmeric and set aside for 15 minutes. Wash again thoroughly.
To prepare Curry
In a pan, heat the oil and drop in the mustard seeds.
Let the seeds crackle, then saute the onions and curry leaves in the same pan.
Next, add the tomatoes and saute for another minute.
Once the tomatoes turn mushy, pour the coconut milk.
Let the coconut milk come to a boil on a medium flame.
Drop the fish one by one into this gravy and close the pan with a lid. Let the fish cook well.
Once the fish is done, remove it on a plate and debone it thoroughly.
Mash the cooked fish with your fingers and mix with mashed rice.
Mix the gravy with the mashed rice and fish mixture to feed your little one.
|Calories||209 K cal|
- Remember to wash and gut the fish properly as microbes in the fish could harm your baby.
- For frying, add approximately 10 grams of fat per serving at 9 Kcal/gm of fat.
- For older babies and adults, the fish need not be mashed. And you can spice it up a little more.