Last Updated on
The name Masala Pasta gives a very comfortable Indian touch to an Italian recipe. Kids will find the shape different and will surely love them. Add in a lot of fresh veggies and make it more appetizing, fulfilling and nutritious too!
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|2 People||10 minutes||25 minutes|
- 1 cup Colavita Farfalle Pasta
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 tbsp (tablespoon) large garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (teaspoon) red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- A pinch kasoori methi
- 1/2 tsp any Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt as needed
- 2 tbsps Colavita Olive oil
- 2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 Boil adequate amount of water in a large vessel. After water boils, add Colavita Farfalle pasta to it.
- 2 Stir it occasionally to avoid sticking. Adding a pinch of salt may help. It adds flavour and prevents from sticking.
- 3 Once cooked, drain the pasta in a metal strainer.
- 4 Boil water and immerse tomato for a minute or you can also boil for a minute with the tomato.
- 5 Take out the tomato, run through cold water, peel off the skin. This is called blanching.
- 6 Grind the tomato coarsely.
- 7 Heat oil in a kadhai and temper with jeera. Add garlic and stir for half a minute.
- 8 Fry finely chopped onion until transparent.
- 9 Add vegetables and required amount of salt and fry for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- 10 Add pureed tomato, red chilli, garam masala, turmeric powder, kasoori methi and Italian seasoning.
- 11 Fry until the oil separates. Last, add chopped capsicum and fry for a minute.
- 12 Add cooked pasta to this mixture. Stir well for a minute or two and lastly add black pepper powder and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- 13 Enjoy your delicious Colavita Masala Pasta cuisine with your family or friends.
Serving Size 1 cup cooked (2oz)
|Calories from Fat||135|
|Total Fat 15g||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||42 g 14 %|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g 8 %|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- If making for kids, you can mix some butter along with Colavita olive oil.
- You can also use vegetables of your choice like broccoli, sweet corn etc.