Powerful Quotes by Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Only the second female to hold the U.S. Supreme Court justice office was Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a true feministic icon. Throughout her career, Justice Ginsburg raised her voice against systemic discrimination and gender inequality. She was highly respected by colleagues for her legal acumen, notwithstanding the male domination of the legal system at the time. Her bold words and unflinching courage continues to inspire millions to be vocal against social wrongs. Here is a collection of some savage Ruth Bader Ginsburg quotes about things known and unknown.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Inspiring Quotes
Below is a list of best Ruth Bader Ginsburg quotes that you can draw inspiration from:
- One of the most stirring Ruth Bader Ginsburg quotes, “Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” is from her address at Harvard’s Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, when asked to pass on a piece of advice to today’s women.
- “My mother was very strong about me doing good in school and always living up to my potential. Two things were very significant to my mother and she used to repeat them constantly. The first one was to ‘be a lady,’ which meant that I could conduct myself civilly, and never let emotions like envy or anger get in my way. And the other important thing was to be independent. This was an uncommon message for mothers of the 1940s to be giving their little girls.”
- “Women’s rights are an indispensable part of the complex agenda of human rights, trained on the equal ability and dignity to live happily in the freedom that every person should enjoy.”
- “It was above my wildest dreams and imaginations that I would one day become the popular Notorious RBG”
- “You can’t, at once, have it all. Who, all at once—woman or man—has it all? Over my lifetime, I believe I have had it all but during different spans of time, it was really rough.”
- “We care about the institution much more than our own individual egos and we are all devoted to ensuring that the Supreme Court is kept in the place it always has been, as a co-equal third branch of the government and I think a model for the people in the independence and collegiality of judges.”
- “True equality can be achieved by women only when men share with them the responsibility of taking care of and bringing up the next generation.”
- “Dissents always speak to the future. It is not created to simply say, my colleagues are wrong and I believe it should be done this way. But the greatest dissents do become court opinions and gradually over time, the views in those dissents become the majority view. So that’s the hope every dissenter has when writing one; that they are writing not for the present, but for the future.”
- “Sometimes, when I’m asked, when will there be enough women on the Supreme Court? and when I answer, only when there are nine, people get really shocked. But there had been nine men in the Supreme Court, and no person ever questioned that.”
- “So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment mostly turn out to be great fortune.”
- “There was a senator; I think it was after the pancreatic cancer, who happily announced to people that I was going to die in six months. That same senator is now himself dead and I am very much alive.”
- “The side that wants to take the choice away from women and give it to the state is fighting a losing battle. Time has always been on the side of change.”
- “Young women today have a great advantage, and it is that there are no more closed doors. That was basically what the ’70s was all about. Opening doors that had been closed to women.”
- “Reacting in anger or annoyance will not advance one’s ability to persuade.”
- “Don’t be distracted by emotions like anger, envy, resentment. These just zap energy and waste time.”
These famous RBG quotes are a testimony of her being someone who lived by what she believed in without the fear of being judged based on popular opinions or social norms.
Famous Inner Beauty Quotes
Inspirational Leadership Quotes
Important Qualities of a Good Leader