How to Clean a Beauty Blender – Tips and Tricks
The beauty blender is the most accessible cosmetic tool to use if you want to apply your foundation evenly. Although the cream is dispersed evenly throughout your skin thanks to its spongy texture, it also leaves your skin looking smooth and radiant as a result. The buildup of dirt in the sponge can seep into your skin when you use it, leaving your skin prone to infections and breakouts. Determining how often to clean your beauty blender is crucial. Clean your make-up sponge with the help of these quick and easy ways.
Effective Ways to Clean a Beauty Blender
Maintaining excellent health by cleaning your cosmetics and brushes is critical, but cleaning your beauty blender is beneficial. It makes no difference whether you use the blender to prepare nutritious meals or create clean, one-of-a-kind face masks and body washes. Fortunately, the majority of these techniques are not only simple to implement but are also relatively inexpensive. It is possible to clean your beauty blender in one of the following ways:
1. Cleaning in the Microwave
You can easily clean the beauty blender in the Microwave to make the process easier for you!
How to Clean
- First, fill a microwave-safe cup halfway with water and a few squirts of mild soap (such as dish soap or baby shampoo). Just make sure there’s enough soapy solution to saturate the sponge thoroughly.
- Pour a few squirts of water on the sponge to pre-wet it, then submerge it entirely.
- Microwave the cup for about a minute, then wait at least 30 seconds before removing it. Your dirty sponge will seem as good as new due to the soapy water changing into the liquid make-up residue.
- Before rinsing and wringing the sponge, you should cool the water not to burn yourself.
2. Warm Water Soak
Never underestimate the power of simple warm water.
How to Clean
- Start by putting all of the beauty blenders in one place.
- Soak them in warm water for a minute before thoroughly wringing them out. If possible, repeat this process three times.
- After that, keep them warm by running warm water over them.
- Because of the force of the water, a flowing stream of warm water helps clean the sponge’s internal layers.
- Rinse them well.
3. Shampooing is a Must
Just as you would shampoo your hair, shampooing can also help to keep your beauty blenders squeaky clean.
How to Clean
- You can soak your make-up sponges in a small mixture of shampoo and water for a few minutes.
- Wash beauty blender thoroughly with plenty of water.
- You can use any shampoo, so you don’t have to worry about which one you should use.
4. Use a make-up brush
Although you would use make-up brushes to apply make-up, you can also remove make-up-up from your beauty blender!
How to Clean
- Massage make-up-up sponge gently with the brush when there is a light residue left behind.
- Start by scrubbing the sponge surface from left to right, then the opposite direction.
- A circular motion in two directions, first clockwise and then anticlockwise, can help loosen stubborn residue from your beauty blender.
5. Olive Oil
As good as olive oil is for your skin and hair, it is also excellent in removing make-up from sponges.
How to Clean
- Combine 1 part olive oil with two parts liquid soap in a circular dish to form a smooth mixture. It is easier to dip and squeeze the cosmetic sponges and beauty blenders with your fingers when they are placed in a wide-rimmed glass bowl with a wide lip on the bottom.
- Using a gentle push, gently immerse the make-up sponge in the olive oil-soap mixture, allowing it to absorb the liquid.
- To remove all of the dirt and cleaning solutions, thoroughly rinse them under running lukewarm water.
- It would be best if you used this mixture of olive oil and mild soap to clean your cosmetic sponges and beauty blenders every two weeks. Using this method, you can ensure that your sponges look as good as new.
How Often Should You Replace Your Beauty Blender?
Anyone who has a Beauty Blender will be ecstatic to hear about this new development. They are not only well-known, but they also provide excellent cosmetics application instruments. The good news is that they won’t last long. Using this guide, you can determine whether it’s time to replace your old Beauty Blender.
1. Go for the 3-month rule
Beauty Blender’s manufacturer recommends replacing your Beauty Blender after three months. However, this rule is not set in stone. If you use your Beauty Blender every day and every week, you may need to replace it sooner than the 3-month limit. You can extend the life of your Beauty Blenders if you only use them on the weekends.
Every two months, if you use your Beauty Blender daily, you should replace it. It’s possible to extend the life of your beauty blender without having to spend a few every time, and cleaning it with a liquid or bar cleaner after each use is part of this. Another option is an essential brush cleaner, such as the Beauty Blender.
2. If one is causing skin rashes
Have more breakouts than usual? Your Beauty Blender might need to be replaced. If bacteria are invading your pores, it is most likely because of the application products you are using. If this happens to you again, remember when you bought that BB. Replace if it’s older than three months. A bacterium is most likely to blame. All cleaning will be ineffective at that point.
When using your Beauty Blender, it’s essential to keep the original packaging. Before putting it back, move it to a well-ventilated, sunny location to allow it to dry out completely. As a result of their design, the perforations, in this case, allow air to flow through, allowing you to maximize drying efficiency.
If you’ve had a severe cold, a virus, an illness, or a breakout, you should replace your Beauty Blender or cosmetic sponges and sterilize your make-up brushes and equipment. By using these products, you run the risk of getting infected again. I sincerely hope this has been helpful to you in some way.
3. When the beauty blender gets discolored
If your Beauty Blender’s color has faded over time but not due to make-up residue on it, then you should get a new one. Due to the discoloration, applying make-up will be difficult. You can use the same sponge for foundation, blush, highlighter, and other cosmetics. You should replace them as soon as they become discolored, and you observe that no amount of cleaning can bring the color back.
4. When Beauty Blender is worn-out
Beauty Blender is a much more stable version of a generic white make-up sponge. Still, after all that mixing and spreading, they will inevitably become worn out. This item needs to be replaced if it shows deterioration, such as peeling, tearing, or fading color. A deformed brush is of little use when applying make-up and concealer because its shape makes it ineffective. Replace it as soon as possible if you begin to notice signs of wear and tear. You should replace it as soon as you see the first signs of wear, so you won’t be disappointed when your current one wears out.
The Beauty Blender is a fantastic tool for applying make-up, but it isn’t intended to last forever. Even though it is a bit expensive, having a flawless make-up application is worthwhile. These helpful tips will help you get the most out of your Beauty Blender. However, if you use it regularly, even if you clean, dry, and store it properly, it may need to be replaced sooner than three months. It must be well-maintained to last. Regular use and religious cleaning, on the other hand, may prolong its life to three months. However, keep in mind that it is a sponge and will deteriorate with time, even with the greatest of care. That being said, the Beauty Blender is a convenient tool!