Heartfelt Miss You Dad Quotes, Poems and Messages
Fathers play critical roles in children’s development and well-being. They are pillars of support, strength, and discipline that guide their children to walk on the right path. Not everyone gets the chance to spend their entire lifetime with their fathers. Losing a father is one of the most emotionally heavy human experiences. As you hold on to the streams of nostalgia and memories of your father, it is important to give your pain a release. Words are known to be great healers and bearers of hope that help us to overcome tragedies of life. Here are some missing dad quotes, poems, and messages to comfort someone who is grieving the loss of their father.
Miss You Messages for Dads
Often, when fathers are away from kids, or when they lose them, kids find themselves buried in a cloud of emotion and regret. Over time, they acknowledge the realities of life, cherish their precious memories and appreciate their fathers’ contribution to their lives. Read on for some of the warmest messages that would sum up your feelings for your beloved father.
- You may not be with me anymore, but I love you forever. I miss you, Dad.
- Not a day goes by when I don’t think about you. I wish you were here with me to guide me through my life.
- The day I lost you, I lost a friend, philosopher, and guide who I looked up to, dear father!
- Those we love never truly leave us. Death simply cannot touch my everlasting love for you. Missing You, Dad!
- I wish I could get to hug you, hold you tight and never let you go. I miss you, dad.
- Dear Dad, I miss you every day. I hope you are happy wherever you are.
- I never thought that a day like this will come when I won’t be able to see you anymore. No matter what, you will always be in my heart. I love you.
- To me, you were the best dad of all time. Maybe this is the reason why the pain of losing you is just too heavy for me to carry! I miss you!
- It’s hard to wake up every morning knowing that you are not with us anymore. Our world is incomplete without you. I miss you papa!
- I never imagined a day would arrive when I would no longer be able to see you. Dad, you will always be loved and missed.
Miss You Messages for Dads Who Have Passed Away
The bond between kids and their father is profound and everlasting. Hence, the loss of a father is one of the most poignant experiences for a child. Express your love for your father through one of these quotes:
- I may not have been the best son, but you were the best fathers and role models to me. Rest in peace, dad.
- You’re the greatest gift that God gave me but recalled back to heaven.
- Sometimes, I wish you came back to me, but I don’t want you to suffer again. May your soul rest in peace. Love and miss you always!
- Hey dad, just wanted to tell you that I miss you. Until we meet again!
- I don’t look up to the night sky anymore as destiny has taken away the brightest star of my life. I miss you a lot.
- I did not just lose a father. I lost my smile, my happiness and most importantly, I lost that shelter that used to keep me safe no matter what happened out there. I miss you so much!
- Dear dad, there isn’t a day we don’t miss you. No matter how many days pass, your absence always feels the same.
- Every day, I am trying to forget the pain of your absence. But I promise I will be strong again and will make you proud. I love you.
- Dad, thanks for all the sweet memories you left for us. Thanks for giving us much love. Those memories make me smile even now. I miss you.
- Your guidance was the reason why I am what I am today. You were always right in your decisions all along the way. I miss you so much, dad!
- Even if I grow up, I will always be my daddy’s little princess. I miss you, dad.
- No matter where I go, you will always be my living superhero. Miss You.
- To me, the name of my father is another name for love, strength, and happiness.
- You’re the most perfect dad, my best friend, and mentor. I miss you all the time.
- I wish I could just turn back time and live out every single day of my childhood. Dad, I miss you.
- Knowing that you are not with us anymore makes my heart shatter every time. You are always in my thoughts dad.
- Life is not the same as before without you. I will always remember your advice and follow your way of life. Know that I will always be missing my daddy in heaven.
- Papa, you are my superhero. Thanks for always having my back and loving me with all my flaws. I love you and I will miss you forever.
- I wish I had the power to control time. I want to bring you back to life just for once. I want to hug you for one last time. Missing you so much dad!
- Whenever I close my eyes, I can see your face. I know you are happy in heaven but your little daughter is not well. Miss you more than you know, dad!
I Miss My Dad Poems
Tributes for a father are always hard to express during a funeral. Sometimes, a poem for a dad who passed away can make the task of eulogizing a little bit easier. These missing dad poems will help you find strength while you condole your father’s death.
1. A Great Soul’
“A great soul
serves everyone around
all the time.
A great soul
It just brings us together
again and again.”
2. My Daddy, My Hero
My Daddy was a soldier,
but people said he was a hero
who fought to protect us all.
My Daddy is my hero
who taught me to play ball,
caught me when I would fall,
and made me feel not so small.
3. Life is like a fruit
To be squeezed to its last drop,
To love and to be loved a lot.
There is no reason to stop.
Life is a dessert,
To be cherished all the way.
I realised all of this,
Only after you passed away.
There is no time to wait and waste,
In a life so sweet and beautiful.
It is a regret that it took,
Your death to teach this,
That was not written in any book.
I miss you.
4. For a Strong Dad
Strong to the very end
my dad was my best friend
always ready to help
He fiercely loved his family.
He stood tall and sure
He helped me mature
His strength and his warm love for me
will always be a part of his legacy.
5. “Moments Before” by Kelly Horn
“Moments before our walk that afternoon,
I realized the path ended too soon.
Not long enough to hold his hand,
this amazing person, this loving man.
Not long enough to engage his eyes
and remember his always brimming with pride.
Not long enough to stand by his side,
as he was by mine after every rough tide.
Not long enough to laugh with him still,
after every bad joke,
after every tough hill.
Not long enough to walk with this man,
who has taught me to be the person I am.
Not long enough as we walked by his wife,
to thank them both for my wonderful life.
In all the walks I’ve taken in my life,
first as a girl and now as a wife,
I’ll remember that walk I took with my father
and always wish it could have been longer.”
6. “Away” by James Whitcomb Riley
“I cannot say and I will not say
That he is dead, he is just away.
With a cheery smile and a wave of hand
He has wandered into an unknown land;
And left us dreaming how very fair
Its needs must be, since he lingers there.
And you-oh you, who the wildest yearn
From the old-time step and the glad return-
Think of him faring on, as dear
In the love of there, as the love of here
Think of him still the same way, I say;
He is not dead, he is just away.”
Comforting Miss You Dad Quotes
Whether you’re building a memorial shadow box filled with sentimental keepsakes or capturing fond memories in a photo album, these comforting miss you dad quotes will surely help you remember your father fondly and honour his soul.
With losing a dad comes the time for you to step into his shoes, which is scary, emotional and a heavy load to process. These missing papa quotes will give you the comfort and strength you need to get through this loss and honour your father’s memories.
- Even if you’re gone, I can feel your presence in my life every single day. I miss you, father.
- I wish I could prove to the whole world how much I love you. You may not be here anymore, but you shall be missed forever.
- Life is not the same as before without you. However, we are trying hard to be strong again so that you can be proud of us.
- I know you’re happy in heaven, but I still miss you every day of my life.
- Even if we’re mourning, your death is a celebration as you made my life nothing short of one.
- It hurts to think that you are not here anymore. I smile, but there are tears in my eyes when remembering you. When you were alive, I didn’t think how important each memory of you would be. Now, I cherish every second spent together. I miss you, dad.
- Death may have taken you away from me, but my life’s hero you’ll forever be. Miss you dad.
- They say a man is successful if he has lived well, laughed often, and loved much. If he gained the respect of intelligent men and the love of children. You have done all of that.
- He was a father. That’s what a father does. He eases the burdens of those he loves. He is a father until the end.
- Life goes on. Everything changes so rapidly. But one thing remains constant. It’s the memory of you in my mind. I keep missing you even after all these years. Love you dad!
- Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever. It has taken me much further than I could have hoped.
- Dad, you are like a warrior that has fought my childhood battles. You brought me joy and you mean more than the world itself to me. Now that you’re gone, I can’t stop missing you. I miss you.
As a daughter, losing your dad means losing your strongest support and biggest cheerleader. Take this time to relive the memories – both good and bad, and know that your father is always rooting for you, all the way from heaven. These ‘I miss you dad’ quotes from a daughter will give you the comfort you seek at this time.
- I shall not immortalise you in the stars or remember you through a poem. I will keep you safely in my heart so that you stay with me in every way.
- Your life might have ended, but the legacy of your wisdom, integrity and courage will go on forever. I miss you, dad.
- Even after so many years, all I can think of are the sweet memories spent with you, dear dad. I miss you so much.
- Thanks for giving us so much love and teaching us the right principles of life. Love you, dad!
- How lucky am I to have had a father as special as you. Love and miss you all the time.
- I wish heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice one last time. Just remember, your daughter is here waiting for you.
- My dad is not here, but he is watching his daughter every day from heaven. I miss him so much, death doesn’t change a thing because you’ve always been the angel in my life. I miss you.
- Dad, your memories have become my heartbeats which mean I am thinking of you all the time.
- You were the guiding light in my life, and today, I’m especially reminded how lucky I was to have you for as long as I did. I love you to the moon and back.
- Without a doubt, you were the best father a daughter could have asked for. You have taught me how to live life to the fullest and in a dignified manner. Your memory will always be with me
- You will remain forever in our hearts and memories daddy, and though we are learning to live without you, we still miss you so much.
- If I was given one wish to make and would be assured that it would come true, I would wish that you would come back to us, daddy. Daddy, we miss you so much.
When one recites beautiful quotes to pay tribute to their father, they are actually reciting the beliefs and goals drawn out by their dad. These daddy missing quotes and poems will help you keep your father alive in your own way.