So, it’s Gudi Padwa, and it is a big day for Maharashtrians and Konkanis! The people of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh also celebrate this day as Ugadi. Gudi Padwa is celebrated as a new year according to the Hindu lunisolar calendar, and it also marks the beginning of the spring and harvest season. The beginning of the year is celebrated with some pious traditions which include taking an oil bath in the morning, as it is believed that this holy bath purifies one’s mind and soul. After the sacred bath, they consume neem leaves as it purifies blood and increases immunity. It’s only then that they offer their prayers to the almighty.
Wishes, Messages and Quotes of Gudi Padwa to Celebrate the Beginning of New Year
Surprise your loved ones with these beautiful Gudi Padwa greetings and wishes:
- Wishing you a colourful beginning of the new year! May this new year bring you lots of happiness and laughter. Happy Gudi Padwa!
- May the almighty bless you with countless joys, health, prosperity, wealth and happiness this season. Happy Gudi Padwa!
- On this auspicious occasion of Gudi Padwa, I wish you all the happiness, love and success in life! Keep smiling and celebrating. Happy Gudi Padwa!
- May this auspicious occasion of Gudi Padwa bring you countless joy, prosperity, wealth and good health to you and your family! Stay blessed!
- Long live the glorious tradition of the Hindu culture – as the generations have passed by, the Hindu culture is getting stronger and more prosperous! Happy Gudi Padwa!
- Raise the Gudi, join your hands
- Pray to god, he understands
- Live each day to the fullest
- May this Gudi Padwa bring happiness, health and joy!
- May the flavour of raw mangoes, raw neem and jaggery remove all the bitterness from your life! Happy Gudi Padwa!
- Wishing you lots of love, happiness and new hopes in life on this auspicious occasion of Ugadi!
- On this auspicious occasion of Gudi Padwa, together let us all resolve to spread love, happiness and kindness around us!
- As the new year ushers in…here’s wishing your way lots of love, happiness and prosperity! Happy Ugadi!
- This Gudi Padwa may all your wishes and dreams come true, and may success touch your feet! Happy Gudi Padwa!
- It’s the time of year to make new year resolutions, which you know you can never keep. But you’ll do it anyway! Happy Ugadi to you and your entire family!
- Hope you have rocking celebrations and get to spend some quality time with your loved ones! Have a cheerful, fun-filled, prosperous year ahead! Happy Gudi Padwa!
- On this new year look forward to new aims, new dreams, new achievements everything waiting for you! Forget the failures, correct the mistakes; surely success will be yours! Happy Gudi Padwa!
- This Gudi Padwa, I pray that God showers you with his choicest of blessings, fate never takes you for a bumpy ride, cupid strikes you with his sweetest arrow, lady luck bestows upon you, health and happiness, your guardian angel keeps your mind pure and sacred! Happy Gudi Padwa!
- May true happiness, success, longevity and good fortune bestow your feet this season! Happy Gudi Padwa to you and your family!
- May this Gudi Padwa bring many new opportunities your way, to explore every joy of life and turning all your dreams into reality and all your efforts into great achievements! Wish you and your family a very happy Gudi Padwa!
- Today we will open a new book; its pages are blank, we’re going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called opportunity, and its first chapter is New Year’s Day! Happy Gudi Padwa!
- It’s time to bask in the glory of a fresh New Year! Wishing you peace, success and happiness on this new year’s eve! Happy Gudi Padwa to you and your family!
- Love, laughter and happiness may all of these be showered upon you this New Year! Wishing you and your entire family a very happy Gudi Padwa!
- May you be surrounded with love and warmth. May life take you to new heights and make it a joyful ride worth living! Happy Gudi Padwa to you and your family!
Hope the above Gudi Padwa and Ugadi wishes, help you express your good thoughts to all your near and dear ones.
You will see that WhatsApp and Facebook will be flooded with tonnes of happy Gudi Padwa quotes, so choose a message that is unique and beautiful! May these bright and colourful Gudi Padwa messages lighten up your day with warmth and togetherness!
Happy Gudi Padwa!