Best Feng Shui Plants to Keep in Your Home and Office
The practice of Feng shui originated in China. In feng shui, each person has an energy called ‘Gua’. Based on this, people are divided into Eastern and Western groups. Each person also has 4 adverse and 4 favourable directions. There are certain plants that are considered auspicious like the flowering plants with round or smooth-edged leaves or canopy and leaves that are clustered and higher in number. Certain plants are considered inauspicious like spiky or thorny plants. Here are a few details about it:
Auspicious Feng Shui Plants for Home & Workplace
The following are some auspicious Feng shui plants to keep your home and workplace positive:
1. Money Plant
Money plant, also known as ‘Crassula ovata’, is known to attract money and good luck as its leaves resemble coins. It is a jade plant which is believed to bring positive energy as it grows. This plant is native to South Africa.
2. Money Tree
To bring in luck and wealth, you can choose the money tree of ‘Pachira Aquatica’. This a bonsai-style tall tree with braided stems. A famous tale associated with this plant is once a poor farmer from Taiwan prayed for money and found this plant on his way home, he soon became very rich by selling plants grown from its seeds.
3. Lucky Bamboo
Go for Lucky bamboo if you want a more positive life experience. This feng shui bamboo plant is believed to bring harmony among the five elements of feng shui, which are water, fire, earth, wood, and metal. The lucky bamboo plant is known as Fu Gwey Zhu in Chinese. Fu symbolises luck and fortune, Gwey symbolises power and honour, and Zhu stands for Bamboo. The number of stalks the plant has determines which aspect of your life it brings luck to. It is a native plant of Asia and has been a good luck symbol of Asian culture for over 5,000 years.
4. Peace Lily
The peace lily plant or ‘Spathiphyllum’ is a fortune plant. It needs to be watered once a week. It lives in the shade and needs little bright light to thrive. It has a beautiful white bloom and lush foliage. It helps improve air conditions and correct energetic imbalances.
5. Golden Pothos
This popular plant grows in India. The plant has shiny, heart-shaped leaves in various shades of green and there are numerous beliefs associated with this plant. The golden pothos brings luck, happiness, and prosperity. This plant is known to bring life to the areas of the home or workplace that collect dead energy.
6. Snake Plant
The snake plant is native to Africa. It is considered to bring good luck. Keeping this plant in your home or office will improve the indoor air quality. It is also known as ‘Sansevieria’ and is a very popular house plant.
This plant can air-purifying plant. It is native to South Asia. According to feng shui, Aglaonema snow white is known to bring luck.
8. Spider Plant
Choose spider plant if you are looking for something that can help lower stress and improve indoor air quality. It is a flowering perennial herb native to southern Africa. The spider plant is easy to care for and hardy.
9. Aloe Vera
For health and overall prosperity go for aloe vera plant. You can even use it to make an aloe vera drink and face pack. It is superb for air purification and energy clearing.
10. Lemon Balm
To improve mood and overall mental wellness, you can consider the lemon balm plant, which is native to Central Asia. It is a perennial aromatic and herbaceous plant. Lemon balm cleans the air by eliminating airborne germs, moulds, and bacteria. It is a hardy herb which can tolerate full shade or full sun. It does not require much maintenance.
Which Plants Are Considered Inauspicious According to Feng Shui?
Don’t plant spiky or thorny plants in your home garden as they break the positive flow of wealth and success. They are considered as bad as per feng shui. In addition, dead or dying plants are considered bad luck. Here are a few plants that are considered inauspicious:
- Cactus: Cactus is thorny and should never be kept in the busy areas of the house.
- Babul: Avoid growing the babul tree at home as it can cause disputes at home.
- Cotton: Cotton is considered inauspicious when planted around a house.
- Tamarind and Myrtle: It is believed that evil spirits live in tamarind and myrtle trees. Avoid building a house near these trees.
- Weeds: Remove weeds, fallen leaves and other garden debris as they too are inauspicious.
How to Choose the Best Feng Shui Plants
Bringing some plants in your home can help you progress in life. You and your partner should consider the following parameters while choosing feng shui plants for your home.
- Consider the following plants based on the lighting conditions of your home: Pick Aspidistra, Peace lily, Rubber plant, Dracaena if you have low light conditions in your house. Pick jade plant, lucky bamboo and philodendron if the light in your house is moderate. For very bright or direct light pick begonias, orchids, and ficus trees.
- Choosing plants based on shapes: Go for plants that create a sense of abundance. Spiky plants like cactus have aggressive energy so they should not be kept in the busy areas of your home. Avoid droopy plants like ivy in busy areas of your home. They may make you feel tired when you look at them. It is good to choose ivy as a bathroom plant.
- Picking plants based on numbers: Chinese people consider number 4 to be unlucky and negative. Avoid choosing anything with number 4. For example, keeping 4 bamboo sticks of Lucky bamboo plant is considered negative. However, number 2 is associated with love.
- You can choose plants based on colour. Pink or red peonies which are lovely and rounded symbolise romance. Pink orchids also symbolise romance.
- Select plants and flowers according to soil type, sunlight, and the climatic conditions of your home garden.
Where to Place Feng Shui Plants at Home
It is important to understand where to place these good luck plants. Here are a few tips:
- You can place indoor plants which attract wealth such as money plant, money tree, or lucky bamboo in the wealth corner of your home or workspace.
- You can beautify your home and office with the leaves of a peace lily plant.
- Aglaonema snow white can also be grown indoors in the shade and artificial light of your home and office.
- The aloe vera plant can be placed near the bathroom window because humidity alone may meet most of its water needs.
- Another incredible bathroom plant is English ivy. Put your English ivy in a hanging basket where the leaves can elegantly trail down.
- You can plant and beautify your bathroom with snake plant, spider plant, golden pathos and many others.
Use auspicious Feng Shui plants for your home and office to enhance positive energy, gain wealth, good luck. Most of these plants are hardy and easy to maintain. You can use them in different areas of your home and bathroom. You can use these plants in the office to enhance wealth. Most of these plants also purify the air. Avoid inauspicious Feng Shui plants as they bring negative energy. Avoid keeping spiky and thorny plants which bring negative energy. Clear up the weeds, dying and dead plants from your garden. Correctly choose the right plants for home and office to achieve your desired goals.
Bedroom Plants That Will Help You Stay Calm
Feng Shui Tips for Wealth, Money and Prosperity
Feng Shui Tips to Make Your Home Healthier and Happier