4th of July Quotes, Wishes and Messages to Celebrate America’s Independence
The 4th of July is a significant day in every American’s lives, as it is on this day that the country earned its long-cherished freedom. Most Americans lavishly celebrate this day through parades, fireworks, and feasts.
However, in the midst of all of the celebrations, it becomes easy to forget what this day is truly about: freedom. With these 4th of July quotes and messages, you’ll be able to remember the real purpose of celebrating the day, and what it truly means to be an American.
Best 4th of July Quotes
Trying to find the perfect inspirational words to get you in the holiday spirit? Take a look at our favorite Fourth of July quotes!
- “In the face of impossible odds, people who love their country can change it.” – Barack Obama
- “I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom.” – Bob Dylan
- “Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.” – James Bryce
- “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.” – Nelson Mandela
- “I think patriotism is like charity — it begins at home.” – Henry James
- “The essence of America, that which really unites us, is not ethnicity or nationality or religion. It is an idea, and what an idea it is — that you can come from humble circumstances and do great things.” – Condoleezza Rice
- “That is the truly beautiful and encouraging aspect of freedom; no one struggles for it just for himself.” – Fanny Lewald
- “Freedom is one of the deepest and noblest aspirations of the human spirit.” – Ronald Reagan
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “Liberty is the breath of life to nations.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “The American flag is the symbol of our freedom, national pride, and history.” – Mike Fitzpatrick
- “Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness.” – Louis D. Brandeis
- “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “America was built on courage, on imagination, and an unbeatable determination.” – Harry S. Truman
- “Freedom lies in being bold.” – Robert Frost
- “America is hope. It is compassion. It is excellence. It is valor.” – Paul Tsongas
- “With freedom comes responsibility.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “From every mountainside, let freedom ring.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Give me liberty or give me death!” – Patrick Henry
- “America means opportunity, freedom, power.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Freedom is never granted. It is earned by each generation.” – Hillary Clinton
- “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” – John F. Kennedy
- “There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America.” – William J. Clinton
- “Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.” – Albert Camus
- “Dreams are the foundation of America.” – Lupita Nyong’o
- “No other date on the calendar more potently symbolizes all that our nation stands for than the Fourth of July.” – Mac Thornberry
- “I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.” – Wendell L. Wilkie
- “It will be celebrated with pomp and parade, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other.” – John Adams
- “We hold our heads high, despite the price we have paid because freedom is priceless.” – Lech Walesa
- “The United States is the only country with a known birthday.” – James G. Blaine
Best 4th of July Wishes & Messages
Celebrate freedom this Fourth of July by greeting your family and loved ones with these July 4th messages, wishes, and greetings.
- On this significant day, let’s make a promise to lead our country on a path of peace and prosperity.
- I feel extremely proud to be a part of the most wonderful nation in the world. Have a Happy 4th of July!
- Happy 4th of July! We wish you a joyous and safe celebration of this special day in our nation’s history.
- Make this Fourth of July remarkable by appreciating your freedom and counting your blessings.
- Celebrate the power of courage, pride, and faith that we all share. Let’s all salute the true spirit of America. Happy 4th of July!
- Happy Independence Day to all Americans everywhere! Let us remember and honor the heroes to whom we owe our peace, freedom, and happiness! Happy 4th of July to you!
- Happy Independence Day to you and your loved ones! Let’s appreciate our beautiful nation on this day.
- Wishing you nothing but joy on this great day. Happy Fourth of July.
- This 4th of July, take a moment to remember the martyrs and cherish the beautiful country you live in. Happy Independence Day!
- Wishing you a wonderful time on this great day in American history. Happy Fourth of July.
- May our nation always flourish and commemorate many more years of independence!
- Keep the American spirit alive by celebrating this special occasion. Happy Independence Day!
- Enjoy the blessings of independence, but also do your part to work hard to appreciate it.
- The independence that we enjoy today wouldn’t have been possible without your valiant efforts, so a huge thank you to our heroes who have fought for our independence and sacrificed their lives. Hope the nation always grows and prospers by leaps and bounds.
- We are lucky to be born in America, which is known for its rich culture and traditions. While we celebrate Independence Day, we promise to safeguard the country’s reputation so that our heroes can feel proud of us.
- Let each one of us make a promise to be good citizens of our country to the best of our capabilities. Happy 4th of July!
- May this Independence Day bring harmony and prosperity to your loved ones. May the stories of courage of our freedom fighters inspire you to achieve whatever you wish for in your life.
- This Independence Day brings in new hope to make our tomorrows the most beautiful and cherished. Wishing everyone a happy 4th of July.
- There are not enough words that can describe the gratitude I feel towards my nation. Proud to be an American. Happy Fourth of July!
- To our men and women in uniform- God bless you, and thank you.
- This 4th of July, let’s pay tribute to the souls whose sacrifices have made this special day a reality.
- Sending you the biggest of hugs to say… I hope your day is as special as you are! Happy Fourth of July!
- Let us never forget the sacrifices, sweat, and toil of the brave souls who fought and served for the peace and pride of our nation. Happy 4th of July.
- Here’s another reason to reunite with family and friends. Have an amazing Fourth of July.
- Take time on this memorable day to understand what independence truly means to you. Happy 4th of July!
- Let each one of us make a promise to ourselves- that we will help America grow into a better country with each passing day. Happy 4th of July to you.
- Freedom is something that money can’t buy. And the most honorable of all are the ones who defend it. So on this Fourth of July, let’s pay tribute to those who stand in service to America!
- A powerful nation made a strong history with its determination and courage. I wish you great joy on this beautiful day!
- Let us celebrate the spirit of freedom! Here’s hoping that you’ll enjoy good luck, peace, and happiness today and always!
- May we never take for granted the true spirit of freedom that lives in all of us as citizens of this great nation. Happy 4th of July!
Amidst unforgettable gatherings and BBQ parties, you can show your patriotism this year with any of these Fourth of July quotes, wishes, and messages!
US Independence Day Facts and Activities for Kids
Easy and Fun 4th July (US Independence Day) Crafts for Kids