25+ Quotes About Strength to Get You Through the Tough Times
Life gives its share of both good and bad times, and if you are going through some of the tough times, it can sometimes help you get outside of your mind and fears and see what others have to say about being strong. Knowing that others have walked difficult paths and have overcome them can leave us with a sense of encouragement. So we start believing, ‘if they could do, we can too!’
If you ever need a push to be strong, quotes can sometimes help you put things in perspective by reminding you that you do have an inner strength that will carry you through. We just need to remember it and believe it. During difficult times when you are focused on staying strong, quote a few encouraging lines to yourself, and you will find the strength to keep moving forward.
Here Are Some Powerful Quotes on Strength
If you need some inspirational quotes on strength as a reminder that you can carry on and move forward, we have just what you need. These quotes are simple but come from the hearts of different people who have had tough times of their own. No matter the situation, everyone needs to be encouraged. This is where these short but inspiring quotes can come in handy in your life. So, read through them, and you might just find something you can really relate to.
- “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” – Christopher Reeve
- “You will never do anything in the world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.” – Aristotle
- “Being deeply loved gives you strength; loving deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
- “Life has a way of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen at once.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Don’t let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” – Dalai Lama
- “Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “I’m thankful for my struggle because, without it, I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” – Alex Elle
- “One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “We all have an unsuspected reserve of strength inside that emerges when life puts us to the test.” – Isabel Allende
- “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.” – Brigitte Nicole
- “Some people don’t like you just because your strength reminds them of their weakness. Don’t let the hate slow you down.” – Thema Davis
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” –Mahatma Gandhi
- “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” – Ambrose Redmoon
- “We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared, discovering we have the strength to stare it down.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given a chance to work through difficult problems.” – Gever Tulley
- “Strength is a matter of a made-up mind.” – John Beecher
- “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.” – Bob Marley
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Hermann Hesse
- “You have power over your mind- not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Fools give up fast. Strong men persevere. The wise keep going forever.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “This is the mark of a really admirable man: steadfastness in the face of trouble.” –Ledwig van Beethoven
- “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on, it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.” – Peter Marshall
- “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
- “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield, in Him my heart trusts.” – Psalm 28:7
- “A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.” – Disney’s Hercules
- “You’ve always had the power, my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.” – Glinda, Wizard of Oz
Nobody likes hardships, but we must remember that if we didn’t face hardships in life, we would never have the opportunity to grow and become stronger. When in the midst of it, things can sometimes seem too hard to bear, but you will overcome if you maintain the right mindset. In times of distress, recite some short quotes, strength is sure to follow the encouraging words.
Think of your hardship as a stepping stone, each bringing you closer to becoming the person you envision yourself as. The more you overcome and rise above the difficult circumstances, the stronger you will grow, getting smarter and wiser each time.
If you know someone who is going through a really tough time and want to help them find strength, positive quotes can help you. Just send them a quote each day to let them know they can get through their circumstances.