A well-decorated front door natural welcomes whoever comes home. The cold winter months have left behind their dryness, and budding blooms of spring offer the much-needed cheer for the coming months. Myriad hues and vibrant greenery can be sprung into the season with unique spring wreath ideas. Indulge in making a homemade spring wreath with the flora in your back garden to give your guests and yourself the warmest welcome. One can even get kids involved to make an elegant creation and create memories that will last for a lifetime. Easy, affordable and pretty, spring wreath ideas for the front door are simple ways to enhance your home décor.
Creative Spring Wreath Crafts Ideas
Budget-friendly, easy to make and time-saving spring door wreath ideas is a great alternative to store-bought options to seasonally decorate your home and blend it with nature. From classic boxwood wreaths to garden-fresh florals make a spring wreath with these inventive DIY ideas. Try your hand at any one of these to add a dollop of cheer to your home.
1. Woven Basket Wreath
Fill a thrift store find with a sunny arrangement of vividly colored flowers to exude a sunny welcome. The basket and the flowers come together to lend a country feel to your door.
- 1 woven basket
- Brown craft paper
- Foam with floral designs
- Ziplock bag
- Line the basket with brown craft paper.
- Place the foam paper in a zip-lock bag and place it carefully inside the basket.
- Now arrange the flowers as per your choice to make it look like a fancy bouquet arrangement.
2. Hello Spring Wreath
A cheerful polka-dotted wreath lined with tulips to greet your guests.
- Foam wreath
- Fabric -1/2 yard
- Floral pins
- Cutting mat
- Rotary cutter
- 2 floral sprigs
- Hello board
- Yellow paint, brush and hot glue
- Paint the “hello” sign yellow.
- Use the rotary cutter and cutting mat to cut the foam wreath into 3” wide strips to cover the wreath.
- Use the floral pin to secure the foam wreath.
- Secure the “filler sprigs” on the left-hand corner in an arrangement with the floral pins.
- Now place the tulips in the way you want to arrange them and use floral pins to secure them.
- Now wrap the ribbon in a criss-cross pattern over the flowers in the centre and secure them with pins.
3. Wooded Beaded Wreath
This one is sure to turn heads with trendy wooden beads. It looks great in both natural and color and matches every decor.
- Wooden beads in the shape of a wreath or you can glue them together
- Flowers, leaves and twigs
- Artificial flowers
- A ball of string
- Use hot-glue to stick the wooden beads in the shape of a wreath.
- Now attach the flowers to any corner of your choice. You could use fresh flowers and tie them up with a string. Once they are dry you could untie them and bin it. Change it to another set of arrangement
- If using artificial flowers, then you can use hot glue and stick them on.
4. Fairy Garden Wreath
Create a whimsical fairy habitat with this wreath that will adorn the front door and impress any guest.
- Galvanized metal tire hanger
- All-purpose moss mat (16 “ * 18”)
- Scrapbooking flowers, garden elements
- Hot glue gun
- Foam wreaths
- Cut the foam wreaths into three parts.
- Peel one side of the strip and place it in the back of the arch of the wreath.
- Peel the remaining side and fix it to the inside of the metal tire hanger. This will help to hold the foam in place and prevents it from sliding inside the tire.
- Take the foam and place it on top of the foam inside the tire. Trim it around the edges to make it look neat. Give it a rough look by trimming it unevenly.
- Use the hot glue gun to stick the flowers and garden ornaments on the bed of moss.
5. Spring Wreath With Dollar Store Finds
A spectacular wreath with dollar store finds and a user-friendly tutorial. With supplies from the dollar store, this wreath looks like an expensive pick from a craft store.
- Floral tape
- Thick wire for securing the base of the wreath
- Thin floral wire for attaching flowers
- Artificial flowers and greenery (from the Dollar Store)
- Wire cutters
- Use the thicker wire to fold into a circle and twist it at the end to secure it. Twist another piece of wire around it to secure it.
- Now wrap the artificial greenery around the wreath with the thin wire. Wrap the heavier bits on the top and the thinner bits at the bottom.
- Now attach the flowers creatively around the wreath. Use floral tape to cover any visible wire or imperfections.
- Balance your flowers so that the wreath does not look lopsided or the flowers start to fall over.
- Cover any exposed side with floral tape to hide imperfections.
6. Spring Hoop Wreath
A unique DIY wreath, you can create this with some stunning artificial flowers and greenery. Green and different shades create a stunning piece for the front door.
- An embroidery hoop or hoop steel ring from craft stores
- Three different kinds of artificial greenery
- Artificial flowers
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Twines, floral tape, floral wire or zip ties to attach
- Wire cutters
- Trim the stems at the ends to leave room to attach them to the wreath.
- Use hot glue, floral tape, floral wire or zip ties to attach the greenery to the wreath.
- Now attach the flowers with the largest in the centre and spreading the smaller ones on either side.
7. Spring Tulip and Branch Wreath
Branch wreaths pointing in one direction are wonderful to work with and lend a nice pattern to arrange the flowers. Tulips are always gorgeous and just add a splash of novelty to this one.
- Wire for the wreath
- Tulips (artificial or real)
- Tulip leaves, stems and branches (artificial or real)
- Colored tape
- Bend the wire into a circle and shape it like a wreath.
- Arrange the stems and branches in a pattern around the wire. Use colored tape to blend the colors.
- Now arrange the tulips between the greens to make it look like a real bouquet. You can use tulips of any color of your choice. The brightest ones that will look good are yellow and white, pink and white.
8. DIY Butterfly Wreath
A whimsical treat to your guests, this one brings in the beauty of chirpy butterflies in different hues to your door. Spring is not just about flowers but about mini-beasts too!
- Wire for the wreath base
- Artificial greenery
- Artificial butterflies in different colors
- Artificial flowers (small ones, especially white)
- Zip ties or thin wires to seal the wreath
- Fold the wire into the shape of a wreath. Fasten it tight around the edges.
- Now wrap the artificial greenery all around the wreath and secure it with zip ties or a thin wire.
- Attach the butterflies around the greenery in a scattered manner that looks neat and presentable. Use twines or ties to fasten and secure them to the greenery.
- Now spread the artificial flowers around the greenery and between the butterflies to make it look like a garden.
9. Spring Berry and Burlap Wreath
A grapevine wreath that gives a natural backdrop to the vibrant spring berries. The burlap bow adds a rustic touch and stays on-trend.
- Grapevine wreath form
- Berry floral stems
- Burlap ribbon
- Wire cutters
- Snip the berry stems using the wire cutters to assemble them.
- Arrange the berry stems all around the grapevine wreath by sticking the stems through the wreath. Bend the stems around the back with the help of pliers. This will help to secure the berry stems to the wreath and prevent them from falling out. You do not need any glue!
- Add a burlap bow in the centre to finish it off and hang it on your door.
10. Tropical Wreath
A wreath that will see you through most of spring and summer, this one is a classic and can be easily put together. The warm tropical colors and suited for bright, sunny days too.
- Foam wreath form about 15.8 inches in size
- Floral stems- pick stems of different kinds (eucalyptus, blush peony, palm bush, ferns and small ferns)
- Acrylic paint
- Floral wire
- Metal floral pins
- Large pliers
- Hot glue & gun
- Paint the foam wreath base with navy blue paint (a gorgeous color that will highlight the decorations).
- Trim the flower stems before attaching them.
- Attach a set of palms to the base with floral pins.
- Now arrange stems and flowers in a pattern that suits your taste. Sprinkle a few ferns around to make it look natural.
11. DIY Oval Shaped Wildflower Wreath
Dried wildflowers add a dash of perfection to this trendy oval-shaped wreath. In hues of orange, yellow and purple with off-white accents, this one brings life to your door.
- Laundry basket (from the Dollar store)
- Branches of acacia and olive trees
- Wildflowers from your garden or the woods
- Twines or ropes
- Cut the laundry basket into two. Cut it across the bottom as the base is what will form the base of our wreath.
- Now arrange the branches of acacia and olive trees around the inside of the base. Make sure to arrange at least four layers to make a thick base.
- Use twines or ropes to secure the branches around the basket base.
- Now arrange the flowers around the branches in a pattern and scatter them in a manner where it looks colorful and presentable.
12. Boho Hoop Wreath
Burlap and blush combine to make a delicate yet subtle looking wreath. The pastel shades of the ribbons with the natural colors of the flowers make it a dainty piece for your front door.
- Ribbons of different textures, designs and colors
- Embroidery hoop
- Fake or artificial flowers
- Hot glue gun
- Scrap pieces of cardboard
- Take away the outer portion of the embroidery hoop as we will need only the inside hoop.
- Cut out the ribbons to at least 2 metres long or however long you wish to leave them
- Loop the ribbons on the hoop one by next to each other.
- Cut a piece of cardboard to stick your flowers to.
- Use the hot glue gun to stick the cardboard to the hoop.
- Now stick the flowers to the cardboard using the hot glue gun. Depending on the number of flowers you wish to attach, use the hot glue gun and let it dry completely.
Warm weather, sunny days and beautiful blooms are around the corner the moment spring is here. What better way to usher the brightness of spring than a fun fresh wreath on your door. Making floral wreaths for your front door is the best way to celebrate the end of winter and the drab, dreary days. These floral wreath décor ideas are also a great décor for Easter celebrations. So this spring, go and shop for some accessories to make your DIY wreath that will garner huge compliments all around the neighbourhood. Get these accessories for your own fun and enjoyment and usher in spring in the grandest of fashions.