Mixed Vegetable Cutlet Recipe is a healthy nutritious snack that is very simple to make. It packs in a textured and delicious punch with the addition of paneer, carrots, capsicum and peas. Make the vegetable cutlet recipe as a tiffin recipe and your kids will simply love it.
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|10 People||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
- 3 potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup homemade paneer or cottage cheese, crumbled
- 1 capsicum, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsps (tablespoons) peas, steamed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 pods of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 tsp (teaspoon) garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
- A small bunch of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Oil for shallow frying
Add in the carrots, capsicum, paneer, onion, garlic, ginger into the mashed potatoes.
Mash all the ingredients well with your hands or a potato masher, a food processor can also be used. Mash till a subtle coarseness remains in the mixture.
Add in the remaining ingredients except the oil and mix well. Check for salt and spice levels as per your taste.
Shape this mixture into small lemon size balls and flatten them a little between your palms.
Dip these flat cutlets in the beaten egg and then followed by the bread crumbs.
Preheat a tawa or a skillet on medium heat; place the cutlets a few at a time on the skillet. Drizzle adequate oil on them and roast them on medium heat until they are crisp and browned on both sides.
Continue the same process with the remaining cutlets.
Serve the delicious spicy hot Mix Vegetable Cutlets along with chutney or a yogurt dip.
- You can add other veggies such as sweet corn, beetroot or even spring onions to vary the taste.
- Egg can be completely avoided to suit the vegetarians. Only using the bread crumbs will also suffice.