A baby shower is an occasion of warmth and hope. If you are the one hosting a baby shower at your place, make it a memorable for the mom-to-be and for the guests as well. Food is the heart and soul of every party, so the menu you decide for a baby shower should also be impeccable. To help you plan the best baby shower, we bring some fantastic food suggestions for you. Here are some ‘tasty’ food menu ideas for your baby shower. Consider the options and take your pick.
Menu Suggestions for a Baby Shower
When it comes to baby shower food ideas, budget recipes offer an astounding variety and are the best bet.
1. Welcome Drinks
- Lemonade: Squeeze some lemons into a jug of cold water and add some sugar. Stir well, your lemonade will be ready to serve.
- Mocktails: You can substitute cocktails with an apple juice, cranberry juice, and orange juice. You can mix these, add crushed ice, and serve in attractive glasses.
- Mojito: Muddle mint leaves lime wedges in a jar. Add sugar and crushed ice to it. Then add plain soda and stir. The goodness of mojito will make each and every guest happy.
- Cherry coke: Add some wild cherry mix to a soda drink and get a tangy cola drink.
- Infused water: Leave cut fruits of your choice in water for an hour. Let it cool and serve at the party. Wow your guests with the fruit-infused drink.
- Milkshake: In a blender, take some milk and vanilla ice cream. Add vanilla extract and sugar(if required), chocolate sauce, and blend. Let it cool, then serve.
- Retro Juice: Make a juice of any fruit of your choice, and serve in retro cola bottles for a fun experience.
- Cider: Take apple cider, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, and orange juice in a pot and bring it to a boil. Turn off the heat, and strain. Serve warm.
- Tea: Serve some hot lemon tea in you are hosting the event on a Sunday afternoon.
- Fruit punch: Make a fun punch with the juices of several fruits and offer guests a tangy surprise.
- Grilled cheese: Make batches of grilled cheese sandwiches and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Sausage wraps: Grill some sausages. Spread mustard sauce on tortillas, then place sausages on the centre of the tortillas, shred some cheese, and roll them.
Nachos: Serve a platter of nachos with mayonnaise and guacamole dips for a fuss-free finger food option.
- Chicken tikka: Chicken Tikkas are one of the most loved starters, and we are sure that your guests will love eating these. You can make chicken tikkas at home or order it from outside if you don’t want to get into the lengthy process of making them.
- Tomato-cheese skewers: A toothpick, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, olive oil, and spices of your choice are all you need for this delicious option.
- Sliders: Cut up your burger bread into four wedges and slide in some ham and cream cheese.
- Bhajiyas: Bhajias are common snacks that we love to eat any time of the year. And so will your guests. Make this traditional Indian snacks to delight your guests.
Mac ‘n’ Cheese: Cook a batch of everyone’s favourite macaroni and cheese and serve them in small muffin baskets.
- Crackers: Line up some cheese on crackers to make the simplest starters of all times.
- Popcorn: It doesn’t have to be a movie night to eat popcorns, you can make it just about anytime. You can serve popcorn as starters too.
3. Main Course
- Pulav: When it comes to baby shower food ideas, Indian is the way to go when deciding food for the main course. Start with a simple, tasty pulao that can accompany any other dish.
Fried rice: If you don’t want to make pulao, you can make fried rice. It’s much easier. Sauté all your favourite veggies, add cooked rice, and mix well. Add some roasted cashews if you like. Your fancy rice is ready for fancy rice dish!
- Open sandwiches: With some cream cheese and natural food colours, make the most interesting of open sandwiches where each guest gets her own special combination.
- Stuffed peppers: Scoop out the insides of your yellow and red bell peppers and stuff them with healthy meat fillings. Let these stuffed peppers be the highlight of the main course.
- Churro banana bites: To make these, combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk until they mix. Heat coconut oil in a pan, add banana slices and cook them. Add sugar and cinnamon mix on it and cook well. Your churro banana bites are ready to serve.
- Lasagna: This yummy Italian dish is quite popular in India. If you want to serve a dish that is rich in cheese, lasagna should be your choice.
- Pancakes: Make a batch of mini pancakes and place them in attractive plates so that your guests can help themselves. Le them dip these tasty pancakes into honey and maple syrup bowls and enjoy.
Sandwiches: Cut off the crusts of your sandwich bread and cut them diagonally for the most dainty cucumber sandwiches ever.
- Veggie wrap: Don’t underestimate the power of vegetables. You can place veggies and meat slices in a wrap, and serve good health to your guests.
- Pizza: Order pizzas from your favourite outlets and serve them to your guests.
- Pasta: You can make pasta at home without much fuss. Boil pasta, add your favourite veggies, olive oil, salt, and the spices of your choice. Your pasta salad is ready to eat.
Fruits: Buy fresh fruits from the market, wash them, cut them into uniform pieces and place them in a glass bowl. Serve your guests some healthy fruit salad.
- Peas ‘n’ shrimp: The perfect summer food, mix some snap-peas with shrimps for a light meal.
- Cucumber ‘n’ Ham: Slice cucumbers into thin strips and toss them with ham slices.
- Meat: Make a warmer salad with broiled tomatoes, meat, and baby cress.
- Bananas ‘n’ nuts: Chop up some bananas and almonds, drizzle with honey.
- Salad bar: Instead of mixing the salad and watching it go soggy, dice the veggies and set up a salad bar!
- Quinoa: Surprise your guests with an exotic Mediterranean quinoa salad.
Caesar bowls: Make small bowls of the all-time favourite, Caesar salad.
- Avocado tuna: For your fish-loving guests, dice some avocado and toss it in a tuna mix.
- Yoghurt parfait: Fill up some store-bought ice-cream cones with yoghurt and cereal, to create the perfect parfaits.
Strawberry bowls: You can serve fresh strawberries with chocolate dip, and your guests will love them.
- Oreo surprise: Take vanilla ice cream in bowls, add oreo cookies on top, sprinkle some crushed Oreo cookie on it and serve.
- Coconuts and chocolate: Slice some coconuts and drizzle them with chocolate for dessert on the go.
- Cake bites: Buy a celebratory cake and divide it into bite-sized pieces, and serve them to your guests.
- No-bake choco balls: You can also make no-bake coconut and chocolate balls for the guests who love anything and everything that has chocolate in it.
- Cake pops: Bake some quick cake pops with any cake mix you have at hand.
- Ice-cream sandwiches: Use any digestive biscuits to make Ice cream sandwiches. Take one biscuit, layer some vanilla ice cream on it, top it with other biscuits. Make some more and give it to your guests.
- Melon bassinet: Cut a quarter of a watermelon out and carve out the insides to make a baby-themed bassinet that guests can eat out of.
- Fruit bowl: Add your favourite fruits and berries in vanilla ice-cream and a tasty dessert will be ready in no minutes.
These were some food menu ideas you can consider for your baby shower party. So sharpen your knives and with just a little effort, put together a feast that your guests and the mother-to-be will remember forever.