DIY Falling Rainbow
Rainbows are full of colour and magic and are great when it comes to stimulating your little one’s imagination! Bring the rainbow and the magic of rains right to your home with the help of this Falling Rainbow craft that will keep your child engaged and excited!
What You Need
- 7 Streamers – in colours of the rainbow
- Cotton Balls
- Paper Plates
- Adhesive tape
- Cut the paper plate in half
2. Cut long strips from the streamers – as long as you want your rainbow
3. In the correct order of colours (Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red) stick the strips to the front of the plate
4. Flip the plate and apply glue liberally on the backside
5. Stick pieces of cotton on the back of the plate to create the clouds
6. Punch a hole on the top of the plate and put a string through the hole. This is so that you can hang your rainbow streamers
Your Falling Rainbow is ready!
Level of difficulty
Imagination, creatively manipulates objects, colour identification and information on rainbow colours, understanding texture (cotton balls)
You Will Observe Your Child Doing…
Learning the colours of the rainbow!
As your little one works on his falling rainbow, he’ll be sure to take an interest in the wonders of nature and the beauty of colours. The finished product will add a delight to your little one’s face like no other.