Although your baby may initially not be able to see, understand your words, or answer back to you, your eye contact can help build a two-way communication pattern right from birth.
From my personal experience, here are some of how establishing eye contact in the first year of life can be beneficial to both; babies and caregivers:
1. It will help build trust and transparency between you and your newborn, forming a strong bond from day one.
2. Your little one will feel important and respected, building a sense of self-confidence and self-love in their young minds.
3. Your baby will learn different expressions and feelings from your eyes that they may start to mimic later on.
4. You can judge whether your baby is just being naughty or genuinely needs something by the eye expressions.
5. You can fulfil whatever your baby needs more effectively and promptly just by looking into their eyes by noticing hunger, fear, sleepiness, loneliness etc.
6. You can reassure and soothe/comfort your newborn in noisy and crowded places.
7. Your baby will learn the habit of eye contact, which will help them use it when they become adults.
8. Eye contact will help your baby to achieve age-appropriate social and emotional milestones.
Try looking into your baby’s eyes more often, it will go a long way, and you will see the difference!
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.
This post was last modified on November 30, 2021 7:05 pm
To say that baby care is exhausting is an understatement. The day is already loaded…
The auspicious nine days of Navratri call for the celebration and worship of the nine…
Choosing the right name for your newborn is one of the most exciting yet confusing…
According to the ancient Chinese naming system, some names like Ming or personal names and…
Hawaii is a cultural, historical, and natural wonderland. The Hawaiian language is wonderful, and many…