Roasted Makhana Recipe – Enjoy the Healthy Makhanas as Snacks
Makhanas or phool makhanas are also known as fox seeds or lotus seeds. We generally eat makhanas while fasting. It is light on the stomach and is nutritious too. We often use it to make kheer or laddus or in namkeen.
They are so light in weight and almost looks like popcorn. But, do you know that they are much healthier than popcorn? Eating makhanas can also help you lose weight in a healthier way. It can fill your tummy without adding excess fat and calories.
Makhanas are rich in phosphorous, iron, thiamine calcium, protein, carbohydrates, and zinc. Anytime you want a good snack, you must eat them without feeling guilty. Eating makhanas can curb your hunger, and you won’t have to worry about weight gain.
You can also serve it to your kids instead of giving them popcorn or other fried foods. I’m sure you will be happy to see them munching on makhanas. If you want to roast makhanas, here’s the recipe for it –
- 3 cups of makhanas
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- Rock salt (as per taste)
- 2 to 3 teaspoon butter
- Heat butter in a pan or kadhai and add some drops of oil to it (Adding a few drops of oil to it can prevent butter from burning).
- Add the makhanas and roast for a good 12-15 minutes on a low flame until they turn crisp and crunchy.
- Now, add all the spices, except chaat masala, and mix well.
- Add salt as required and mix it again.
- Turn off the flame.
- Now, sprinkle the chaat masala powder and mix again.
- Store in an airtight container once your roasted makhanas cool down.
You can enjoy this with a cup of coffee or tea in the evening, and also have them in your office. I am sure you’re going to love this. Friends, you can also roast cashews and almonds in a similar way.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.