Last Updated on
The morning rush to prepare a healthy yet quick tiffin for kids can be exhausting. The ideal lunch for kids should be easy for them to hold and eat, without dropping or spilling the food. Here is a recipe for paneer palak paratha that I prepare for my child’s tiffin and he absolutely loves.
Paneer Palak Paratha Recipe
- Wheat flour- 5 cups
- Nicely cleaned palak- 5-6 leaves
- Paneer (grated)- 1/2 cup
- Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Chaat masala- 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped)- 2 tbsp
- Green chillies (finely chopped)- 1-2
- Onion (finely chopped)- 1 medium-sized
- Salt- to taste
- Blanch the palak leaves and make a coarse puree in the mixer after letting it cool.
- Put the wheat flour in a clean bowl.
- Add the palak puree and salt to it.
- Knead the flour with water. (It is important to add the palak puree first. Only then will you know how much water is required.
- Coat the surface of the dough with oil, and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the finely chopped onions, grated paneer, finely chopped coriander leaves, and green chillies. Add 2 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tsp chaat masala, and salt as needed. Mix well and your stuffing is ready.
- Now, make small balls of the dough and set them aside.
- Take one ball and make a space in the centre to fill it with paneer stuffing. Do not overstuff it.
- Seal it on top properly. An even distribution of the stuffing and a thick layer of dough around the stuffing is very important to avoid leaks.
- Pat and make it flat like a disc and, now, using a rolling pin, roll it from the center to the edges to evenly distribute the stuffing and spread it.
- Place it on a heated tawa/pan. Grease it well with ghee on both sides and cook it well until you see a golden brown layer on both sides.
- Your hot paneer palak paratha is ready to eat.
This dish goes well with curd mixed with some dahi masala or some ketchup. Make this for your kids’ tiffin, and they are sure to love it!
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.