Cooking Time -40 minutes
Serves -6 People
1) Remove the skin of the turmeric roots by using a spoon or knife. Grate them and keep aside.
2) Grind garlic, ginger, and tomatoes to a smooth paste. Grind onions separately to make a smooth paste.
3) Mix red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and yoghurt in a bowl and whisk it well. Ensure no lumps are left.
4) Heat ghee in a pan and roast the grated turmeric on medium heat till it turns golden brown. Take the roasted turmeric on a plate and keep aside.
5) Add cumin seeds to the same pan; when it crackles, add onion paste and stir well till it becomes golden brown. Then add green chillies and let it cook well.
6) Add asafoetida powder and stir well. Add whisked and spiced yoghurt; stir continuously for 5-7 minutes. Cover and cook on medium heat till the ghee separates. (Add water if needed).
7) Add roasted turmeric and salt. Mix well. Cook it on medium heat for 10-15 minutes until the ghee starts floating on the top. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
8) Serve hot with rice or chapattis.
Turmeric is considered traditional healing medicine in Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, the human body system has three doshas (energies). i.e. Vata related to the nervous system; Pitta related to the digestive system and Kapha related to the lymphatic system. Turmeric plays a vital role for these systems. Turmeric is used to alleviate skin conditions like ringworm, eczema, heal wounds, give glowing skin, lower the risk of brain and heart diseases. It helps in preventing and treatment of cancer. Thus it increases the antioxidant capacity of the body.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.
This post was last modified on May 5, 2019 11:04 am
Writing an essay is like embarking on a journey of discovery, especially for school kids.…
When we think of journeys, the image of a bustling railway station often comes to…