Last Updated on
This well known recipe is very easy to prepare and works up a treat for the taste buds. From the nutritional point of view, chicken and vegetables make it a well-balanced dish. Lastly, you can get your kids involved in preparing the dish, which is a good way to get them to eat the results!
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|6 People||10-15 Minutes||
- 400 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into 1inch strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into 1inch strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into 1inch strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 1strips
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbs. canola oil or olive oil
- 6 corn / wheat tortillas
Keep the oven for preheating to 200°C. Next, you can involve your pre-teen to chop the chicken and vegetables. Ask them to cut it on separate cutting boards. Assist them if they are not used to cutting with a knife.
Take a baking dish and spray it with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix the chicken, peppers, onion, cumin, salt, pepper, and canola oil.
Toss this mixture into the baking tray, and bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked completely and the vegetables are tender to touch. Roll this mixture into the tortillas and serve. You can top the fajitas with cilantro and sour cream, however this is optional.
|Calories||248 K cal|
|Total Fat||10.6 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||16.3 g|