Last Updated on
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|3 People||10 Minutes||
- 2 to 3 cups chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen green peas or 2 tbsp. chana dal(soaked and cooked)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 large finely chopped tomato
- 1 tsp (teaspoon) ginger garlic paste or grated ginger
- ½ tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- ½ tsp mustard seeds(rai)
- 1 tbsp (tablespoon) oil or as needed
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¾ tsp garam masala or sambar powder as needed
- a pinch of turmeric
- salt to taste
- few finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Add oil to a hot pan, add cumin and mustard.
When they begin to splutter, add ginger garlic paste or grated ginger.
Fry until the raw smell disappears.
Add onions and fry until they turn transparent.
Add tomatoes, salt and turmeric.
Fry until the tomatoes turn completely mushy and soft.
Add red chili powder, garam masala.
Fry for one to two minutes without burning.
Add green peas and sauté for a minute. Dried peas or chana dal can also be used to make this curry. Soak dried peas for about 10 to 12 hours. If using chana dal soak for one hour, cook and use here.
Mix everything till the masala coats the cabbage well.
Fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Fry until the cabbage is cooked to your liking. If needed cover and cook. Covering for long can make it mushy.
Fry it on medium high flame, tossing in between.
Add coriander leaves and stir well.
Your crunchy cabbage stir fry is ready.
Serving Size 100g
|Calories||90||Calories from Fat||48|
|Total Fat||5g 10%||Saturated Fat||0.7g 9%|
|Trans Fat||0.0g||Cholesterol||0mg 0%|
|Sodium||8mg 0%||Potassium||230mg 7%|
|Total Carbohydrates||7.7g 3%||Dietary Fiber||3.0g 12%|
|Vitamin A||8%||Vitamin C||41%|
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.