On an average, a healthy woman has only a 20% chance of conceiving, at any given cycle. Women are most fertile between the ages 23 to 31, and their chances of fertility start to decline after this period slowly. As far as men are concerned, their fertility is at its peak till the age of 40, after which it gradually diminishes.
Couples struggle to conceive for several reasons. A few of these include polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), low sperm count, uterine fibroids, blocked fallopian tubes, and hormonal imbalance. Drinking apple cider vinegar has proven benefits in aiding with fertility in both men and women. Read on to learn more about this.
How Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help Male and Female Fertility?
Firstly, you are considered infertile only if you and your spouse have tried to conceive for over a year, and failed. You might want to consider running a few fertility tests on both you and your spouse. But having said that, a lot has been said about apple cider vinegar effect on fertility, so maybe trying this natural remedy could bring good news.
- Helps in the transportation of sperms – The malic acid that is found in apple cider vinegar can help nourish and strengthen the quality of sperms, further enabling more comfortable transportation.
- Helps control the pH levels – A woman’s vagina is at its healthiest when it has a pH level of 4 t 5. However, any shift from this range can cause disturbances in the system, one of which is fertility. Apple cider vinegar is a potent antibiotic that is natural and organic. It can help balance the pH levels in your vagina, which is of utmost importance if you plan on conceiving.
- Helps treat prostate problems – The prostate gland secretes fluids that protect and nourishes the sperms. A lot of men, post the age of 40, face prostate issues like enlargement of the prostate gland. Consuming apple cider vinegar has proven to have positive effects on treating prostate problems. This way, apple cider vinegar and fertility go hand in hand.
- Helps treat candidiasis – Candidiasis is a condition that affects the cervical mucus in women. Women suffering from candidiasis might experience blocked fallopian tubes, polyps, post and premenstrual syndromes, endometriosis, and infertility. One of the many apple cider vinegar fertility benefits includes its ability to treat candidiasis.
- Helps lower testosterone levels in women – Testosterone is primarily a male hormone, which is present in both men and women. However, if there is an overload of this hormone in women, it can cause infertility and hormonal imbalance. Women who consumed apple cider vinegar, especially women who suffer from high testosterone levels, have noticed a drop in the level of testosterone.
- Helps improve the quality of sperms – The quality of sperms can play a pivotal role if you and your spouse are trying to conceive. Apple cider vinegar helps enhance the quality of sperms. It helps with the semen volume, sperm count, sperm morphology, and sperm motility by nourishing the prostate gland.
How to Take Apple Cider Vinegar for Fertility?
Apple cider vinegar is a natural, organic drink but you need to make sure you consume it the right way and in appropriate amounts. Here’s how –
- Boil a glass of hot water, and then wait till it is warm
- Add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to this lukewarm water.
- The best time to drink this is with an empty stomach in the mornings, or before going to bed, at night.
Apple cider vinegar is a natural option to treat infertility, but make sure you consume this after consulting your doctor, especially if you are on other medications.