In this Article
Pregnancy is a time where a mother is going through a lot of changes and stress, both physically and mentally. During such times, it is important that she is kept happy and does not worry too much as it can affect the baby and her health too.
If you are pregnant, one way to calm yourself down is to read some nice pregnancy quotes and know that a lot of expectant mothers have penned their quotes during this phase in the hope that it could help others too:
- “In pregnancy, there are two bodies, one inside the other. Two people live under one skin. When so much of life is dedicated to maintaining our integrity as distinct beings, this bodily tandem is an uncanny fact.” – Joan Raphael-Leff
- “Truthfully, being pregnant is changing me as a person. Each day is part of this amazing journey that has completely shifted the focus of my life and made me re-evaluate my personal and professional goals.”– Holly Madison
- “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” – Mary Mason
- “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.” –Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Babies are bits of star-dust blown from the hand of God. Lucky is the woman who knows the pangs of birth for she has held a star.” – Larry Barretto
- “Birthing is the most profound initiation to spirituality a woman can have.” – Robin Lim
Pregnancy is a beautiful phase because it gives you the joy and fulfilment which comes from bringing a new life into the world. Pregnancy is not just a physical metamorphosis of the female body; it is also an emotional change that leaves a lasting impact on your life and alters your perspective entirely. It is through these nine months that you develop the patience, understanding, fortitude and courage that you need to give birth.
Best Pregnancy quotes to stay positive
Pregnancy can often be a trying time because of the twinges, pain and discomfiture that accompany it. It is not easy to see yourself put on weight and grow a protruding belly, and it is but natural to feel depressed or tired at times.
It is especially at times like these when a gentle reminder about the gift of pregnancy comes in handy to save you from anxiety. Expecting mothers need to celebrate pregnancy, and a wonderful way to do this is to seek constant motivation and positivity from maternity quotes and sayings.
In addition to having pictures of adorable babies taped to walls or framed as photos, it is a good idea to have a few inspiring words or expecting mother quotes printed out and pinned to a board, saved as your desktop background or set as your mobile-phone screensaver. The reason for doing this is simple – words are powerful, and the words that you speak and read influence your thoughts and beliefs. An expecting mother must be mindful of her thoughts and feelings, so a good compilation of these quotes is something that should be undertaken with relish. Here are a few quotes to keep you positive and happy-
- How can you ever say anything negative about your body after you have felt the dancing of life from inside your womb?
- No matter how bad my day’s been, it takes one little kick to make everything feel alright.
- A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside, when a tiny heart beat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.
- It is the most powerful creation to have life growing inside of you. There is no bigger gift.- Beyoncé
- I used to have a beautiful belly, now I have beautiful kids. I see my marks as service stripes and a reminder that I had the privilege to bring life into the world.
Cute Maternity quotes and sayings
You can write your own positive affirmations, or you can borrow inspiring quotes from other writers and thinkers. This is a powerful exercise that will surely keep you motivated and positive throughout the nine months.
Here is a list of some sweet pregnancy quotes which are sure to motivate a mommy-to – be.
- “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new, and so in you, the child your mother lives on and through your family continues to live… so at this time look after yourself and your family as you would your mother for through you all she will truly never die.” – Osho
- “A mother does not become pregnant in order to provide employment to medical people. Giving birth is an ecstatic jubilant adventure not available to males. It is a woman’s crowning creative experience of a lifetime.” – John Stevenson
- “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” – Harriette Hartigan
- “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings.” – Anne Christian Buchanan
Top inspirational quotes about pregnancy
Another creative way to be happy through the turbulent times during pregnancy is to have a positive perspective. Easier said than done but it is necessary to stay motivated. Here are some motivational quotes for pregnant women from a mother –
“When pregnant with our first, Dean and I attended a child birth class. There were about 15 other couples, all 6-8 months pregnant, just like us. As an introduction, the teacher asked us to share what had been our favorite part of pregnancy and least favorite part. I was surprised by how many of the men and women there couldn’t name a favorite part. When it was my turn, I said, “My least favorite has been the nausea, and my favorite is the belly.” – Shannon Hale, an American author of young adult fantasy and adult fiction, has written an engaging piece on how to do just that, titled- ‘Contemplations on the belly’.
“Dean and I laughed about it later, but we were sincere. The belly is cool. It is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, an unmistakable sign of what’s going on inside, the wigwam for our little squirmer, the mark of my undeniable superpower of baby-making. I loved the belly and its freaky awesomeness, and especially the flutters, kicks, and bumps from within,” she concluded.
Make it a point to read such quotes frequently because this will help you be your own cheerleader. Pregnancy is often accompanied with mood swings and cravings and can be a difficult time for you as well as your family. The hormonal changes can be daunting, and it is normal for pregnant women to feel tired and stressed. Reading these kind of quotes or about positive experiences of other moms are guaranteed to uplift your mood and give you the strength to overcome pain and face the challenges of motherhood with enthusiasm and spunk.
Funny pregnancy quotes
Humour and laughter are wonderful companions for an expecting mother, so keeping a list of funny quotes at hand can do a lot to smooth out the frown and worry lines that often get etched on your glowing face. Laughter is the best medicine, so on days when you need a generous dose of it, you can read this list of curated pregnancy humour quotes –
- “My mother groaned, my father wept, into the dangerous world I leapt.” – William Blake
- “There is a sanctity involved with bringing a child into this world, it is better than bombing one out of it.” – James Baldwin
- “Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch.” – E.B. White, Charlotte’s Web
- “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” – Carrie Fisher
- “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain – your life will never be the same.” – Catherine Jones
- “People always say that pregnant women have a glow. And I say it’s because you’re sweating to death.” – Jessica Simpson
- “I’m never as happy as when I’m pregnant. I literally would have 10 babies if I could!”– Tori Spelling
- “That first pregnancy is a long sea journey to a country where you don’t know the language, where land is in sight for such a long time that after a while it’s just the horizon – and then one day birds wheel over that dark shape and it’s suddenly close, and all you can do is hope like hell that you’ve had the right shots.” – Emily Perkins
- “Of course I can do this. I’m pregnant, not brain-damaged. My condition doesn’t change my personality.” ― Christine Feehan
- “Feeling fat lasts nine months but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever.”– Nikki Dalton
- “Pregnancy is getting company inside one’s skin.” – Maggie Scarf
Quotes for Pregnant Wife
If you are an expectant father feeling left out of the birthing process, you can do your bit by sharing quotes with your pregnant wife. Be the wind which helps her sail through this journey of pregnancy easily:
- “Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood – finding a piece of yourself separate and apart from that all the same, you could not live without.” – Jodi Picoult
- “Pregnant women! They had that weird frisson, an aura of magic that combined awkwardly with an earthy sense of duty. Mundane, because they were nothing unique on the suburban streets; ethereal because their attention was ever somewhere else. Whatever you said was trivial. And they had that preciousness which they imposed wherever they went, compelling attention, constantly reminding you that they carried the future inside, its contours already drawn, but veiled, private, an inner secret. – Ruth Morgan
- “If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realised that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.”- Erma Bombeck
- “Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life.” – Judy Ford
- “Making a decision to have a child–it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
These quotes for a pregnant wife include what every husband hopes to express as his soulmate moves towards the fruiting of their combined dream.
Importance of a Happy Pregnancy
Though quotes are simply words, they brim with a wealth of knowledge, positivity and happiness. It is believed that what a pregnant mother reads and listens has a profound impact on the unborn child. This has been chronicled in the Mahabharata also, where Arjuna, the third Pandava was able to impart knowledge to his unborn son through dialogue with his wife, Subhadra. It is said that Arjuna was discussing the “Chakravyuh” war tactic with his pregnant wife. The tactic requires immense strategising and a thorough knowledge of the enemies’ ranks and formations.
When his son, Abhimanyu was fighting in the Great War many years later, it is said that he utilised the tactic despite never being taught it formally. He imbibed this knowledge while in the womb and used it later.
This shows that the sounds and moods experienced by the mother are directly transferred to the offspring in the womb. This is why it is important to stay positive and always wear a smile during this phase.
Rather than turning to your husband in a bid to fish for flattering comments, you can simply turn to Benjamin Franklin’s quote- “A ship under sail and a big-bellied woman, are the handsomest two things that can be seen common.”
Thus, mommy to be quotes and sayings can go a long way in keeping you positive and happy and will also have a direct effect on the mental well-being of your child.