Young kids are very inquisitive in nature; they seek answers to a lot of questions. The best way to satiate their hunger to know more is by asking trick questions. Here is a list of funny and thoughtful kids trick questions.
These questions will definitely engage kids’ minds and tickle their funny bones.
1. What goes through cities and fields but never moves?
Answer: A road
2. I come down, but I never go up. What am I?
3. What’s a great name for a lawyer?
4. People make me, save me, change me, raise me. What am I?
5. You can catch me, but you can’t throw me. What am I?
Answer: A cold.
6. What room has no walls?
Answer: A mushroom
7. What can fill a room but takes up no space?
8. What is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat, and 2/4 goat?
9. I have hands, but I cannot clap. What am I?
10. Two waves had a race. Who won?
Answer: They tide.
11. What kind of coat is best put on wet?
Answer: A coat of paint
12. The more you take away from me, the larger I become. What am I?
Answer: A hole
13. What do you find in the middle of nowhere?
Answer: The letter H.
14. What has 13 hearts but no other organs?
Answer: Pack of cards
15. What building has the most stories?
Answer: The library
16. I am full of keys, but I cannot open any door. What am I?
Answer: A piano
17. What only starts to work after it is fired?
Answer: A rocket.
18. What has a head and a tail but no body?
Answer: A coin
19. What came first, the chicken or the egg?
Answer: Dinosaurs laid eggs long before there were chickens!
20. What is brown and sticky?
Answer: A stick.
21. In baseball, how many outs are there in an inning?
Answer: Six-each team has three
22. What has words but never speaks?
Answer: A book
23. What has legs but doesn’t walk?
Answer: A table
24. Just how far can a deer run into the woods?
25. What kind of hair do oceans have?
26. What kind of band never plays music?
Answer: A rubber band
27. What gets wetter & wetter the more it dries?
Answer: A towel
28. Why did the clown visit the doc?
Answer: Because he was feeling kinda funny.
29. What has a thumb and four fingers but is not a hand?
Answer: A glove
30. What has lots of eyes but can’t see?
Answer: A potato
31. What is the exact middle of America?
Answer: The letter “r”
32. What is the name for a boomerang that does not return when thrown?
Answer: A stick.
33. What two words, when combined, hold the most letters?
Answer: Post office
34. What is black when it’s clean and white when it’s dirty?
Answer: A chalkboard
35. Where can you find an ocean with no water?
Answer: On a map.
36. David’s father has three sons: Snap, Crackle, and _____?
37. The more of this there is, the less you see. What is it?
38. What did the ocean say to the beach?
Answer: Nothing, it just waved.
39. Two in a corner, one in a room, zero in a house, but one in a shelter. What is it?
Answer: Letter “R”
40. What never gets any wetter, no matter how much it rains?
Answer: The sea
41. What is round and extremely violent?
Answer: A vicious circle.
42. I have branches, but no fruit, trunk, or leaves. What am I?
Answer: A bank
43. What is the biggest problem with snow boots?
Answer: They melt.
44. Can you think of something you can serve but shouldn’t ever eat?
Answer: A volleyball.
45. What did the quilt say to the bed?
Answer: I have got you covered.
46. I’m light as a feather, yet the strongest person can’t hold me for five minutes. What am I?
47. Can you name the two things you can NEVER have for breakfast?
Answer: Lunch or dinner.
48. You can easily touch me but not see me. you can throw me out, but not away. What am I?
Answer: Your back
49. Do you know why ghosts and spirits make such terrible liars?
Answer: Because it’s easy to see right through them!
50. Born of sorrow, grows with age, you need a lot to be a sage. What is it?
51. Can you think of something that is always right in front of you but can never be seen or held?
Answer: The future.
52. Break it, and it is better, immediately set, and harder to break again.
Answer: A record
53. There’s a question that you can never answer yes to. Do you know what it is?
Answer: Are you asleep yet?
54. If you have me, you want to tell me. If you tell me, you don’t have me.
Answer: A secret
55. Can you think of something that is completely full of holes but still holds onto a lot of water?
56. I have no life, but I can die. What am I?
Answer: A battery
57. Can you think of something with four eyes but is completely blind?
Answer: The word “Mississippi.”
58. April showers bring May flowers. What do may flowers bring?
59. Can you think of something really easy to get into but really hard to get out of?
60. The captain took a bath without his belly getting wet.
61. What word begins with E but only has one letter in it?
Answer: An envelope.
62. What is all over a house?
Answer: A roof
63. Can you think of something so delicate that just saying its name will break it immediately?
64. I go in dry and come out wet; the longer I’m in, the stronger I get. What am I?
65. I’m tallest when brand-new but much, much shorter when I’m worn out. What am I?
Answer: A candle.
66. What word of five letters has one left when two are removed?
67. Can you think of a word that starts with T, ends with T, and has T in it?
Answer: A teapot.
68. I sit in parliament. You’ll only see me at night. What am I?
Answer: An owl
69. What’s something that goes up and up and up but will never, ever go down?
Answer: Your age.
70. What falls but never breaks and breaks but never falls?
Answer: Night and day
71. What aren’t you able to use until you break it?
72. I’m so simple I only point, yet I guide people all over the world. What am I?
Answer: A compass
73. What always ends everything?
Answer: Letter G
74. Although my cow is dead, I still beat her. What a racket she makes!
Answer: A drum
75. You can only have it once you have given it.
76. Which word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
77. You can have it, and be at it, but it never lasts forever.
78. A deep well full of knives.
79. What kind of street does a ghost like?
80. What jumps when it walks and sits when it stands?
Answer: Letter V
81. I am nothing but holes tied to holes, yet I am strong as iron.
Answer: A chain
82. He’s small, but he can climb a tower.
Answer: An ant
83. What is bought by the yard is worn by the foot?
84. What ship has no captain but two mates?
85. Although I’m far from the point, I’m not a mistake. I fix yours. What am I?
Answer: An eraser
86. I have three hundred cattle, with a single nose cord.
87. Which bow can’t be tied?
88. Poorly behaved children often find themselves sitting in these.
89. Which popular cheese is made backward?
90. In my life, I die twice, once wrapped in silk, once covered in dust.
Answer: A caterpillar
91. What letters are easily found in every single day of the week?
92. What’s left when you take an ant out of a plantain?
Answer: Something plain.
93. Where Is 11 2=1?
Answer: In watches
94. What happens when you throw a blue rock into the yellow sea?
Answer: It sinks
95. What runs around the yard without moving?
Answer: A fence
96. Tires a horse, worries a man. Tell me this riddle if you can.
Answer: A saddle
97. I’m in cooper but not in a dog. I’m in percent but not in money. What am I?
Answer: Letter C
98. What is it that after you take away the whole, some still remains?
99. What tastes better than it smells?
Answer: A tongue
100. He has married many women but has never been married. Who is he?
Answer: A priest
101. What happens if you throw a white hat into the black sea?
Answer: The hat gets wet
102. What kind of umbrella do most people carry on a rainy day?
Answer: A wet one
103. What type of son does no parent want?
Answer: An arson
104. What kind of tree can you carry in your hand?
Answer: A palm tree
105. What jumps when it walks and sits when it stands?
Answer: A Kangaroo
106. A father’s child, a mother’s child, yet no one’s son?
Answer: A daughter
107. What travels the world while stuck in one spot?
Answer: A stamp
108. How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor and not crack it?
Answer: Concrete floors are hard to crack.
109. What’s as big as an elephant but weighs absolutely nothing?
Answer: Elephant’s shadow
110. What word starts with IS, ends with AND, and has LA in the middle?
111. What moves faster: heat or cold?
Answer: Heat because you can always catch a cold.
112. Forwards I’m heavy, but backward, I’m not. What am I?
Answer: A ton
113. Can you add one mathematical symbol in between 55555 to equal 500?
Answer: 555-55 = 500
114. What made the lady run around her bed?
Answer: So as to catch up on her sleep.
115. Why can’t a woman living in the U.S. be buried in Canada?
Answer: Because she is still alive.
116. If five alligators can eat five fish in three minutes, how long will 18 alligators need to eat 18 fish
Answer: Three minutes
117. What has four wheels and flies?
Answer: A garbage truck
118. What bird can lift the most weight?
Answer: A crane
119. What goes up as soon as the rain comes down?
Answer: An umbrella
120. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?
Answer: The footprints
121. If a rooster lays an egg on top of the barn roof, which way will it roll?
Answer: Roosters do not lay eggs
122. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
Answer: You cannot because the elephant does not have hands.
123. I have teeth but can’t eat. What am I?
Answer: A comb
124. People buy me to eat but never eat me. What am I?
Answer: The plate
125. What always goes to bed with its shoes on?
Answer: A horse
126. What belongs to you but gets used by everyone else more than you?
Answer: Your name
127. Why is the math book sad?
Answer: Because it has problems
128. It can be cracked, it can be made, it can be told, it can be played. What is it?
Answer: A joke
129. If you have a bowl with six apples and you take away four, how many do you have?
Answer: The four you took
130. How do you make the number one disappear?
Answer: Add a ‘G,’ and it’s gone!
131. How can you go 25 days without sleep?
Answer: Sleep in the night.
132. What never asks a question but gets answered all the time?
Answer: A telephone
133. What is it that lives if it is fed and dies if you give it a drink?
Answer: A fire
134. What is a tornado’s favorite game?
135. I’m where yesterday follows today, and tomorrow is in the middle. What am I?
136. What type of dress can never be worn?
137. What has one eye but cannot see?
Answer: A needle
138. What can’t be used until it is broken?
Answer: A Coconut
139. What is the end to which we all like to come?
140. When is 1500 plus 20 and 1600 minus 40 the same thing?
Answer: Military time
141. What is always coming but never arrives?
142. Why are movie stars always cool?
Answer: Because they have so many fans.
143. What do you call a man in a hole?
144. Are there any good jokes about sodium?
145. Why did the banker quit her job?
Answer: She lost interest.
146. What happened to the lion when he ate the clown?
Answer: He felt funny, of course.
147. What did the inventor of the door-knocker win?
Answer: The no-bell prize.
148. I can be as thin as a picture frame, but my insides have many things you can see.
Answer: A television
149. What occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in one thousand years?
Answer: The letter M
150. How many double-digit numbers are there?
These tricky questions for kids are definitely going to help you improve your kid’s creative thinking skills. Spend some fun time with your kids with these exciting questions and answers.
Maths Puzzles for Children
‘What Am I Riddles’ for Kids with Answers
Rebus Puzzles for Children
This post was last modified on May 13, 2022 5:25 pm
Indian surnames and last names are of great cultural and historical importance in India, revealing…
Ah, babies! Those adorable little bundles of joy are guaranteed to steal your heart with…
Pregnancy is a tough time for moms because it's challenging physically and emotionally and takes…
Children diagnosed with ASD are known to have feeding problems when compared to other children.…
Toilet training can be a daunting task for the parents, and when it comes to…
Babies born within a particular time frame tend to share certain traits that are interesting…