Plan a special valentine’s day for your loving husband in this season of love. Make him feel all the love and devotion, that you always wanted to share with him, but may be you were unable to do so, due to your busy life schedule. Here are some inexpensive and simple ways to celebrate valentine’s day without compromising your time and schedule.
The concept of valentine’s day originated long time back. The day gets its name from the legend, St.Valentine. The history of this day is still a mystery, and it contains the traces of both the Christian and ancient Roman tradition. According to certain beliefs, it is celebrated as a tribute to St.Valentine, who was ordered to put to death by the Roman Emperor, for breaking the law and secretly performing the marriages of young soldiers. Another belief states that Valentine, who was imprisoned, sent a card for the first time to his lover from the prison, which stated ‘from your valentine’.
Why you should Celebrate Valentine’s Day
Whatever may be the history behind this day, February 14th is now celebrated as the day of love and romance. Therefore, valentine’s day would be the best time to make your man realize, how much you adore him. Even though you may be a mother, busy with your little kids around, you would still have that romantic drive in you, which you would like to share with your better half. Revive that romance in your life, on this special day, by presenting him something that would surprise him.
We have put forth an array of easy, but extraordinary ideas, to make your valentine’s day special.
Romantic Valentine’s Day Ideas for him
- Keep surprise gifts or valentine’s day cards, at different locations at your home. For eg: In the bathroom where he keeps his toothbrush, next to his watch, in his wardrobe or wallet, in his car, between his files, in his laptop carrier and so on. These surprises would really bring a smile on his face.
- Write a message on the bathroom mirror with your lipstick, or stick a note on the bedroom door with some beautiful lines of a romantic poem. You can write the poem yourself. However, if you are not a poet at heart, all hail the Internet! Write a few lines in sparkle ink and you are all set.
- Dedicate him a romantic song on his favourite FM radio station.
- Send him a love letter by post – do you remember? – the very old inland letter, but anonymously. Keep sending it for 3-4 days until on valentine’s day, when you can disclose your name. (If he discusses the letter with you before revealing your name, react with a fuss, and create a hue and cry about it. Pretend that you are annoyed about the fact that some female is writing a letter to your husband).
- Prepare his favourite items and take it to his office, during his lunch time. Be sure to click a photo to frame the moment of expression on his face, as he sees you at the office all of a sudden.
- Make a love note and hide it in his shoes, or write all that you want on a long role of tissue paper and hide it inside his shoes. His foot wouldn’t fit into the shoes, and surprisingly he would get the tissue papers with all your love messages.
- Make him feel like a ‘King’ for a day. Do all that he wants, prepare his favourite breakfast, take him out for lunch, dress yourself up as beautifully as you can.
- The above idea can be made more fun by preparing a coupon booklet of the tasks that he would like you to do for him. Ask him to use one coupon at a time. Yes, of course, you need to ask what all he would like you to do, during your conversations, a week before you plan to give him the coupons. So that you get the time to arrange the requisites for the tasks in case they are elaborate.
- Plan a candlelight dinner at home. Prepare his favourite dishes, make him a drink, with romantic background music.
- One of the best things to surprise your husband is to do a thing that you hate to do, whereas he loves doing it. For eg. Watching a basketball match and pretending as if you are enjoying it.
- Surprise him with a romantic night. Decorate your bedroom with red heart shaped balloons, spread some red rose petals on your bed. Place some flowers and a wine bottle next to your bed and dress up in a gorgeous evening gown. Can you imagine anything more romantic for your husband than this.
Bring back that spark in your life, on this valentine’s day, using some of these creative valentine ideas and make it special for him. And don’t forget to share the reactions of your husband with us. Happy Valentine’s Day!