Last Updated on
If you’re constantly amazed by the roller-coaster pace of life, you’re not alone. We age in a blink and before we know it, our kids are parents as well! In this crazy life, you can actually stay forever youthful – without cosmetics. This United Nations International Youth Day on August 12, refresh some of your youthful habits and resolve to adopt them all over again.
The International Youth Day 2015 theme is “Youth Civic Engagement” or teaming up with young people to improve global human development. As moms, you ensure your children are social citizens and young and free at heart. But this year, why not rekindle some of your own youthful habits and leave behind stress, fears and restrictions for once?
Youthful Habits you Shouldn’t Ever Abandon
- Read a bestseller novel, if only to join the discussion. While you’re at it, watch those top rated movies you still haven’t – even the notorious ones!
- Listen to music and dance like no one’s watching. It is perfectly okay to let your hair down once in a while and be the uber cool Mommy.
- Say “I Love You” to your husband, just like that. Stay in bed, order in food, and let your well wishers take care of the children for once.
- Eat exactly what you want but remember to exercise. After all, you have those gorgeous clothes to fit into and who said moms don’t understand fashion?
- Catch up on the news and join a volunteer group for a cause close to your heart. Rewind to how important politics, cultural programmes and debates were at a time.
- Splurge on a beauty treatment – the wackier the better – or one of those dreamy spas you see on television. Your frayed nerves will really bless you!
- Take a road trip or board a train to where you’ve never been. Don’t plan everything down to a T but go with the flow.
- Play with the children – in the mud, sand or the swings – without fretting over dirty clothes or wasted time (dump the clothes at a laundry service, for a change!)
- Pick up new vocabulary or even better, a new language. Stay up to speed with all the new and trending words your kids use. After all, YOLO!
- Sit by the window and do some soul searching. Are you in a place you love, or is there a dream you’d like to pursue? It is never too late for anything you really want.
Make this International Youth Day celebration an unforgettable one by teaming up with your little ones and embracing life like never before. Age is just a number and the young at heart is exactly who the world needs at this hour!